HamCap VP8ORK

  • wc5m
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
      I am trying to get HamCap to recognize that VP8ORK is South Orkney instead of the Falklands. I've tried VP8ORK, VP8/O, VP8-O, and VP8(O). None work. What is the proper format?

      Mark WC5M
    • Dan Schaaf
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
        How do you know that it is not working for VP8ORK ?
        I have been using mine and it seems to be reasonably accurate.
        Perhaps the prop conditions are the same for both locations.

        Dan Schaaf

        ==================================
        K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
        Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
        NOBSKA www.nobska.net
        ==================================

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
          Dear Mark,

          The callsigns starting with VP8 do not contain enough information in them
          for unambiguous identification of station's DXCC entity, you must tell the
          software what entity VP8ORK is. To do so, open the CallDxcc.lst file in
          Notepad and add the following line at the bottom of the file:

          VP8ORK=238

          238 is the ADIF code of South Orkney islands.

          On Windows XP the CallDxcc.lst file is located in the
          "C:\Documents and Settings\<username>\Application Data\Afreet\Reference\"
          folder, where <username> is your user name; on Windows 7 the file is in
          "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Roaming\Afreet\Reference" folder.

          Message 4 of 4 , Jan 28, 2011
            Thanks Alex

            Dan Schaaf