Rocky for Windows 7, Alpha

  • ALEX
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 23, 2011
      I am working on porting the Rocky program to Windows 7. The first alpha is available here: (www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/Files/Rocky_Win7.zip). Currently it works fine on my new 64-bit Win7 system with Realtek HD Audio on-board soundcard, and I would like to know if it works on other systems and with other soundcards. Please give it a try. The zip file includes just the executable, Rocky.exe, without an installer. Also, a new version of the WdmView.exe utility is included. If Rocky does not recognize your soundcard, please run this utility and send me the log.

      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 23, 2011
        Wow! Thank you, Alex... you are going to earn more stripes with this! I
        will give it a try.. looks like we have similar systems... I am using a
        Softrock RX Ensemble... will be back with update..

        bet

        On 1/23/2011 1:50 PM, ALEX wrote:

        > I am working on porting the Rocky program to Windows 7. The first
        > alpha is available here: (www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/Files/Rocky_Win7.zip).
        > Currently it works fine on my new 64-bit Win7 system with Realtek HD
        > Audio on-board soundcard, and I would like to know if it works on
        > other systems and with other soundcards. Please give it a try. The zip
        > file includes just the executable, Rocky.exe, without an installer.
        > Also, a new version of the WdmView.exe utility is included. If Rocky
        > does not recognize your soundcard, please run this utility and send me
        > the log.

        > signature database 5811 (20110123) __________

        > http://www.eset.com

      • rs_winraddll
        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2011
          Hello Alex,

          me again. I coldn't resist:

          The version in the above directory is so far (artificial) limited to use only the latest version of ExtIO.dll for the Harzburg-SDR, but could easily be 'opened' to use other WInrad-Hardware on this way.

          Perhaps you would like to give it a try. It can be tested without the Harzburg-SDR (Can be configured to 'NONE')

          Regards
          Robert

          PS Great to hear that Rocky is moving on!