Using Winrad-Hardware under Faros

  • rs_winraddll
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 21, 2011
      Hello all,

      my name is Robert, I'm from Mannheim, Germany.

      As I heared about the Faros beacon monitor software I wanted to try it.

      Having no 'big' receivers with CAT-Interface I wanted to use my 'small' SDR-Radios with Faros. (Harzburg http://www.qrpproject.de/Harzburg.html and FiFi-SDR http://www.ov-lennestadt.de/projekte/fifi-sdr/fifi-sdr.htm)

      So I wrote a interface-dll wich add's a limited CAT-Interface to Winrad.

      On this way almost every radio working with Winrad can be used with Faros. (There is one limitation : The radio must be able to tune exact to the wanted frequency)

      Maybe some of the Faros-User are interested in trying this dll.

      I'm sorry, the readme file is still in german, if this is a problem (maybe you get along with the google translator?) I can translate it.

      Faros is really a great peace of software. I just have the problem that my antenna situation is so limited that I sadly can not see any results ...

      Regards
      Robert

      PS I really would like to hear about the results.
      Either positive (of course prefered) or negative.
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 22, 2011
        Hi Robert,

        This sounds very interesting. Is there a way to download your dll without
        subscribing to the Winrad_DLLs Yahoo group?

        my name is Robert, I'm from Mannheim, Germany.

        As I heared about the Faros beacon monitor software I wanted to try it.

        Having no 'big' receivers with CAT-Interface I wanted to use my 'small'
        SDR-Radios with Faros. (Harzburg http://www.qrpproject.de/Harzburg.html and
        FiFi-SDR http://www.ov-lennestadt.de/projekte/fifi-sdr/fifi-sdr.htm)

        So I wrote a interface-dll wich add's a limited CAT-Interface to Winrad.

        On this way almost every radio working with Winrad can be used with Faros.
        (There is one limitation : The radio must be able to tune exact to the
        wanted frequency)

        You can find it at
        http://groups.yahoo.com/group/Winrad_DLLs/files/Winrad_BeaconCAT/ , the
        latest file is ExtIO_Winrad_BeaconCAT_V_0.5.3.0_20101109.zip

        Message 3 of 3 , Jan 23, 2011
          Hi Alex,

          I'm glad that you like the idea!

          But I'm sorry: So far there is no other way to download the dll.
          (I have to admit mostly because I so far have been to lazy to create a Website.)

          As I already had some discussion about this:

          Could you give me a hint why it's so dificult to subscribe to a Yahoogroup? After all: This is a Yahoogroup too?

          If someone likes to 'host' the file I wold have no problem with.

          I'm just a bit worried about different places for download with different (old, older and outdated) versions...

          Regards
          Robert