Band Master & Windows 7 64-bit issues (continued)

  • Michael G. Carper
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 15, 2011
      For folks who haven't seen Band Master for a while after upgrading to
      Windows 7 64-bit, I found something today that you may consider.

      I downloaded Microsoft Windows Virtual PC and the associated Windows XP Mode
      (which builds a Windows XP Virtual PC for you). I started up the Windows XP
      Mode (from the Windows Virtual PC start menu group) and let it build me a
      Virtual PC running Windows XP. (I followed that with Windows Update for
      that VPC.)

      Then, within that Windows XP Virtual PC, I installed Band Master. and it
      runs. I'm not able to do rig control (just haven't tinkered with it
      enough). But if you've missed Band Master for a while, you might try this
      if you're running Windows 7 64-bit.

      Heck. try it anyway. It's a great way to "try-out" applications BEFORE you
      end up installing them on your computer and finding that you don't like it.

      Mike, WA9PIE

    • Edward H Russell
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 15, 2011
        Some time ago I reported a problem running Band Master under Windows 7
        64-bit. Today I tried it again and am pleased to report that the problem has
        gone away. The program no longer crashes on startup. It runs fine!

        I'm guessing that Microsoft Update corrected some underlying OS bug that was
        causing the crash. If you had a similar problem, try applying the updates
        from Microsoft and see if it clears up.

        Nice to have it back!

        Ed W2RF