Re: [dxatlas] Connecting a Skimmer Server

  • Wes Cosand
    Message 1 of 4 , Jan 14, 2011
      Hi Dennis. This sounds like an issue you might want to discuss with Lee,
      VE7CC.

      Of course, some of the impediments are there to make certain the Skimmer
      spots don't inadvertently get on the cluster backbone but I am certain you
      have already thought of that.

      Wes, WZ7I

      --
      Wes Cosand, Ph.D.
      6299 Route 413

    • Dennis
      Message 2 of 4 , Jan 14, 2011
        Wes,

        Thanks for the response. I've already contacted Lee and I think I'm getting
        into an area where one software developer doesn't know how to work with the
        others software. I've seen this happen before.

        I am hoping that between the 2 Yahoo groups, someone has done this before.
        I started with the CC Cluster group and they've been quiet, so I thought I'd
        post here.

        It amazes me how in less than a year the ham community has gone from 'get
        rid of the Skimmer spots' to 'I'd like the option to display Skimmer spots
        from everywhere'. How times change. I had just gotten my Skimmer up and
        running the weekend that the screaming started. Now that it's quieted down
        I thought I'd finish the project.

        Thanks again,
        Dennis/K9WMS

        --
        Wes Cosand, Ph.D.
        6299 Route 413

        Message 3 of 4 , Jan 14, 2011
          Ask VE1DX. He is running a CC Cluster that displays at least one
          Skimmer's spots.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com