Re: VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

  • wf0gm
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
      Alex,

      I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
      Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
      A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

      73,
      de Greg - WF0GM
      (ex: AB0WB)

      > "01/05/2011
      >
      > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
      > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
      > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
      > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
      > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
      > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
      > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
      > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
      >
      > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
      > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
      > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
      > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
      > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
      > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
      > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
      >
      > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
      > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
      > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
      > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
      > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
      > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
      > software products.
      >
      > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
      > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
      > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
      > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
      > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
      >
      > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
      > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
      > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
      > system.
      >
      > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
      > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
      > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
      > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
      >
      > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
      > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
      > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
      > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
      > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
      > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
      >
      > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
      > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
      > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
      >
      > --

      > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

    • Don
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
        Alex VE3NEA,
        Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

        Don kb9umt
        http://www.30mdg.net