RE: [dxatlas] VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

  • Edward H Russell
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
      Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
      your programs. Software developer par excellence!

      73 Ed W2RF

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
      reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

    • wf0gm
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
        Alex,

        I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
        Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
        A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

        73,
        de Greg - WF0GM
        (ex: AB0WB)

        > "01/05/2011
        >
        > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
        > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
        > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
        > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
        > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
        > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
        > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
        > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
        >
        > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
        > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
        > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
        > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
        > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
        > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
        > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
        >
        > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
        > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
        > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
        > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
        > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
        > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
        > software products.
        >
        > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
        > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
        > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
        > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
        > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
        >
        > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
        > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
        > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
        > system.
        >
        > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
        > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
        > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
        > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
        >
        > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
        > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
        > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
        > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
        > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
        > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
        >
        > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
        > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
        > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
        >
        > --

        > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

      • Don
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
          Alex VE3NEA,
          Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

          Don kb9umt
          http://www.30mdg.net