RE: [dxatlas] VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

  • Dave AA6YQ
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      Congratulations, Alex!

      73,

      Dave, AA6YQ

      -----Original Message-----
      From: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com [mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com]On
      Behalf Of Pete Smith
      Sent: Thursday, January 06, 2011 5:38 PM
      To: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [dxatlas] VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

      "01/05/2011

      The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
      given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
      and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
      Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
      organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
      <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
      following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
      Amateur Radio now and in the future.

      *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
      advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
      radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
      <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
      Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
      World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).

      *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
      RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
      <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
      making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
      /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
      implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
      software products.

      *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
      Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
      calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
      contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
      other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.

      *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
      <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
      gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
      system.

      *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
      Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
      robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
      top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.

      *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.

      *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
      Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
      are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
      reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

    • Edward H Russell
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
        Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
        your programs. Software developer par excellence!

        73 Ed W2RF

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

      • wf0gm
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
          Alex,

          I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
          Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
          A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

          73,
          de Greg - WF0GM
          (ex: AB0WB)

          > "01/05/2011
          >
          > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
          > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
          > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
          > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
          > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
          > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
          > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
          > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
          >
          > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
          > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
          > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
          > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
          > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
          > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
          > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
          >
          > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
          > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
          > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
          > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
          > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
          > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
          > software products.
          >
          > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
          > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
          > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
          > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
          > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
          >
          > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
          > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
          > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
          > system.
          >
          > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
          > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
          > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
          > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
          >
          > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
          > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
          > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
          > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
          > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
          > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
          >
          > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
          > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
          > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
          >
          > --

          > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

        • Don
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
            Alex VE3NEA,
            Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

            Don kb9umt
            http://www.30mdg.net