Re: [dxatlas] Re: VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      Dear friends,

      Thank you for your kind words. I was happy to receive the award, but I am
      even more happy to hear that my users think the award is deserved.

      73 Alex VE3NEA
    • Dave AA6YQ
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
        Congratulations, Alex!

        73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

      • Edward H Russell
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
          Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
          your programs. Software developer par excellence!

          73 Ed W2RF

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

        • wf0gm
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
            Alex,

            I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
            Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
            A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

            73,
            de Greg - WF0GM
            (ex: AB0WB)

            > "01/05/2011
            >
            > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
            > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
            > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
            > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
            > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
            > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
            > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
            > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
            >
            > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
            > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
            > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
            > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
            > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
            > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
            > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
            >
            > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
            > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
            > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
            > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
            > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
            > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
            > software products.
            >
            > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
            > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
            > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
            > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
            > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
            >
            > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
            > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
            > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
            > system.
            >
            > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
            > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
            > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
            > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
            >
            > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
            > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
            > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
            > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
            > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
            > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
            >
            > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
            > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
            > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
            >
            > --

            > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

          • Don
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
              Alex VE3NEA,
              Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

              Don kb9umt
              http://www.30mdg.net