Re: [dxatlas] Re: VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      Thanks and congratulations, Alex! Happy New Year, too!

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
        Dear friends,

        Thank you for your kind words. I was happy to receive the award, but I am
        even more happy to hear that my users think the award is deserved.

        73 Alex VE3NEA
      • Dave AA6YQ
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
          Congratulations, Alex!

          73,

          Dave, AA6YQ

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

        • Edward H Russell
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
            Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
            your programs. Software developer par excellence!

            73 Ed W2RF

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
            reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

          • wf0gm
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
              Alex,

              I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
              Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
              A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

              73,
              de Greg - WF0GM
              (ex: AB0WB)

              > "01/05/2011
              >
              > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
              > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
              > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
              > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
              > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
              > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
              > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
              > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
              >
              > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
              > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
              > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
              > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
              > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
              > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
              > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
              >
              > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
              > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
              > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
              > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
              > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
              > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
              > software products.
              >
              > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
              > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
              > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
              > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
              > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
              >
              > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
              > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
              > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
              > system.
              >
              > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
              > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
              > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
              > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
              >
              > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
              >
              > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
              > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
              > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
              >
              > --

              > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

            • Don
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                Alex VE3NEA,
                Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

                Don kb9umt
                http://www.30mdg.net