Re: [dxatlas] VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

  • Mark Robinson
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      and great support

      Mark N1UK

      ----- Original Message -----
      From: "Dan Schaaf" <dan-schaaf@...>
      To: <dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com>
      Sent: Thursday, 06 January, 2011 6:19 PM
      Subject: Re: [dxatlas] VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

      Alex

      Congratulations. Well Done. Great Software

      Dan Schaaf

      ==================================
      K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
      Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
      NOBSKA www.nobska.net
      ==================================

      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
        Thanks and congratulations, Alex! Happy New Year, too!

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
          Dear friends,

          Thank you for your kind words. I was happy to receive the award, but I am
          even more happy to hear that my users think the award is deserved.

          73 Alex VE3NEA
        • Dave AA6YQ
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
            Congratulations, Alex!

            73,

            Dave, AA6YQ

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
            reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

          • Edward H Russell
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
              Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
              your programs. Software developer par excellence!

              73 Ed W2RF

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
              reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

            • wf0gm
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                Alex,

                I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
                Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
                A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

                73,
                de Greg - WF0GM
                (ex: AB0WB)

                > "01/05/2011
                >
                > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
                > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
                > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
                > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
                > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
                > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
                > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
                > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
                >
                > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
                > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
                > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
                > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
                > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
                > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
                > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
                >
                > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
                > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
                > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
                > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
                > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
                > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
                > software products.
                >
                > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
                > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
                > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
                > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
                > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
                >
                > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
                > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
                > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
                > system.
                >
                > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
                > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
                > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
                > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
                >
                > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
                > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
                > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
                > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
                > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
                > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
                >
                > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
                > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
                > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
                >
                > --

                > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

              • Don
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                  Alex VE3NEA,
                  Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

                  Don kb9umt
                  http://www.30mdg.net