Re: [dxatlas] Re: VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

  • Neal Campbell
    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      Also thanks for helping other programmers. You are a real resource and a
      great guy!
      Congrats
      Neal Campbell
      Abroham Neal Software
      www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
      (540) 645 5394

      On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM, John <jonie41@...> wrote:

      > Thanks for all your efforts and sweat developing software and providing
      > services to hams world wide.
      >
      > Bst 73 es gud dx to all.
      >
      > De VE3KKQ, John

    • Mark Robinson
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
        and great support

        Mark N1UK

        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
          Thanks and congratulations, Alex! Happy New Year, too!

          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
            Dear friends,

            Thank you for your kind words. I was happy to receive the award, but I am
            even more happy to hear that my users think the award is deserved.

            73 Alex VE3NEA
          • Dave AA6YQ
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
              Congratulations, Alex!

              73,

              Dave, AA6YQ

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
              reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

            • Edward H Russell
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
                your programs. Software developer par excellence!

                73 Ed W2RF

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
                reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

              • wf0gm
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                  Alex,

                  I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
                  Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
                  A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

                  73,
                  de Greg - WF0GM
                  (ex: AB0WB)

                  > "01/05/2011
                  >
                  > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
                  > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
                  > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
                  > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
                  > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
                  > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
                  > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
                  > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
                  >
                  > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
                  > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
                  > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
                  > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
                  > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
                  > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
                  > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
                  >
                  > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
                  > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
                  > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
                  > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
                  > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
                  > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
                  > software products.
                  >
                  > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
                  > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
                  > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
                  > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
                  > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
                  >
                  > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
                  > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
                  > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
                  > system.
                  >
                  > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
                  > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
                  > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
                  > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
                  >
                  > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
                  > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
                  > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
                  > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
                  > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
                  > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
                  >
                  > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
                  > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
                  > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
                  >
                  > --

                  > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

                • Don
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                    Alex VE3NEA,
                    Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

                    Don kb9umt
                    http://www.30mdg.net