VE3NEA wins Yasme Foundation Excellence Award

    Message 1 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
      "01/05/2011

      The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
      given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
      and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
      Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
      organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
      <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
      following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
      Amateur Radio now and in the future.

      *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
      advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
      radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
      <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
      Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
      World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
      <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).

      *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
      RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
      <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
      making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
      /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
      implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
      software products.

      *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
      Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
      calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
      contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
      other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.

      *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
      <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
      gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
      system.

      *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
      Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
      robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
      top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.

      *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
      <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.

      *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
      Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
      are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

    • Geoff Anderson
      Message 2 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
        Congratulations Alex - well deserved..

        73 de Geoff
        G3NPA

        Geoff.Anderson@...
      • Dan Schaaf
        Message 3 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
          Alex

          Congratulations. Well Done. Great Software

          Dan Schaaf

          ==================================
          K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          NOBSKA www.nobska.net
          ==================================

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        • Wes Cosand
          Message 4 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
            No one deserves it more, Alex.

            Wes, WZ7I

          • John
            Message 5 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
              Thanks for all your efforts and sweat developing software and providing
              services to hams world wide.

              Bst 73 es gud dx to all.

              De VE3KKQ, John

            • Dave
              Message 6 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
                Ditto that... great work and excellent craftsmanship.

                Dave
                KA0SWT

                _____

                Thanks for all your efforts and sweat developing software and providing
                services to hams world wide.

                Bst 73 es gud dx to all.

                De VE3KKQ, John

                _____

                No virus found in this message.

                _____

                No virus found in this message.

              • Neal Campbell
                Message 7 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
                  Also thanks for helping other programmers. You are a real resource and a
                  great guy!
                  Congrats
                  Neal Campbell
                  Abroham Neal Software
                  www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
                  (540) 645 5394

                  On Thu, Jan 6, 2011 at 8:02 PM, John <jonie41@...> wrote:

                  > Thanks for all your efforts and sweat developing software and providing
                  > services to hams world wide.
                  >
                  > Bst 73 es gud dx to all.
                  >
                  > De VE3KKQ, John

                • Mark Robinson
                  Message 8 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
                    and great support

                    Mark N1UK

[...]

                    The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
                    www.conteststations.com
                    reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

                    Message 9 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
                      Thanks and congratulations, Alex! Happy New Year, too!

                      Message 10 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
                        Dear friends,

                        Thank you for your kind words. I was happy to receive the award, but I am
                        even more happy to hear that my users think the award is deserved.

                        73 Alex VE3NEA
                      • Dave AA6YQ
                        Message 11 of 14 , Jan 6, 2011
                          Congratulations, Alex!

                          73,

                          Dave, AA6YQ

                          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
                          reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

                        • Edward H Russell
                          Message 12 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                            Congrats, Alex. I never turn on the radio without starting at least one of
                            your programs. Software developer par excellence!

                            73 Ed W2RF

                            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
                            reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

                          • wf0gm
                            Message 13 of 14 , Jan 7, 2011
                              Alex,

                              I just had to add my voice to the kudos...
                              Your software is an integral part of my amateur radio station. In fact, I've found myself dependent upon the propagation prediction/mapping software many, many times.
                              A big THANK YOU and congratulations!

                              73,
                              de Greg - WF0GM
                              (ex: AB0WB)

                              > "01/05/2011
                              >
                              > The Yasme Excellence Awards <http://www.yasme.org/excellence.html> are
                              > given to individuals who through their own service, creativity, effort
                              > and dedication, have made a significant contribution to Amateur Radio.
                              > Their contribution may be in recognition of technical, operating or
                              > organizational achievement. The Yasme Foundation
                              > <http://www.arrl.org/news/YASME%20Foundation> has recognized the
                              > following individuals "in order to inspire them and others on behalf of
                              > Amateur Radio now and in the future.
                              >
                              > *Ramón Santoyo V, XE1KK*: Santoyo is recognized for his work in
                              > advancing Mexican ham radio and representation within the international
                              > radio community. In addition, he serves as IARU Region 2
                              > <http://www.iaru-r2.org/> Secretary. Santoyo has been an advocate of
                              > Amateur Radio in Central America and a proponent of radiosport and the
                              > World Radiosport Team Championships (WRTC
                              > <http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/World_Radiosport_Team_Championship>).
                              >
                              > *Makoto (Mako) Mori, JE3HHT*: Mori deserves much credit for popularizing
                              > RTTY by writing the /MMTTY
                              > <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmtty.php>/ software modem and
                              > making it available for integration into logging software. He also wrote
                              > /MMVARI <http://mmhamsoft.amateur-radio.ca/pages/mmvari.php>/, which
                              > implements other popular digital modes, and several other digital mode
                              > software products.
                              >
                              > *Bruce Horn, WA7BNM*: Horn continues to generate useful and innovative
                              > Web sites, including a complete upgrade of his excellent contest
                              > calendar Web site <http://www.hornucopia.com/contestcal/>. He supports
                              > contesting with a Web site that enables contesters to convert paper and
                              > other forms of contest logs to Cabrillo format.
                              >
                              > *Rick Meuthing, KN6KB*: Meuthing developed the new /WINMOR
                              > <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/ soundcard digital mode software, now
                              > gaining wide use in the /Winlink 2000 <http://www.winlink.org/WINMOR>/
                              > system.
                              >
                              > *Mikael Styrefors, SM2O*: Styrefors developed the Remote Radio
                              > Interface. The ability to connect radios and operators transparently and
                              > robustly over the Internet is a key technological element of putting
                              > top-grade remote HF stations on the air -- something more common every day.
                              >
                              > *Alex Shovkoplyas, VE3NEA*: Shovkoplyas developed /DX Atlas
                              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/>/, /Morse Runner
                              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/MorseRunner/>/, /Ham-CAP
                              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/HamCap/>/, /CW Skimmer
                              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/CwSkimmer/>/, /Rocky
                              > <http://www.dxatlas.com/Rocky/>/ and other innovative software.
                              >
                              > *Pepe Ardid, EA5KB*: As a QSL manager, Ardid makes it possible for many
                              > Latin American DXers to confirm contacts with QSL cards. Confirmations
                              > are rapid, and he confirms not only direct, but via the bureau as well."
                              >
                              > --

                              > The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

                            • Don
                              Message 14 of 14 , Jan 9, 2011
                                Alex VE3NEA,
                                Congrats and well deserved for you and a plus for us that use your programs....thank you!

                                Don kb9umt
                                http://www.30mdg.net