Re: [dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer and Windows update

    Message 1 of 17 , Dec 31, 2010
      The "not found" error is precisely what I got with the winusb driver,
      and Alex confirmed to me at the time that CW Skimmer currently requires
      the libusb driver. You need to install the libusb driver and then all
      should be well.

      73, Pete N4ZR

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

      On 12/30/2010 12:45 PM, GREG FICHER wrote:
      > Tried both but right now I am using WinUSB.
      >

      > On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 5:53 AM, Pete Smith<n4zr@...> wrote:
      >

      >> Which driver are you using, libusb or winusb?
      >>

      >> 73, Pete N4ZR
      >>
      >> The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at
      >> www.conteststations.com
      >> The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at
      >> reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
      >> spots at telnet.reversebeacon.net, port 7000
      >>
      >> On 12/29/2010 9:41 PM, GREG FICHER wrote:
      >>> Yes but before trying I updated the driver to that of MaxII. It works
      >> fine
      >>> with Skimmer Server but if I try to run just regular Skimmer I get the
      >> USB
      >>> device error.
      >>>
      >>> Tnx
      >>> Greg

      >> <dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>,

      >> of
      >> access
      >> am
      >> since

    • GREG FICHER
      Message 2 of 17 , Dec 31, 2010
        Tnx Pete. I will try that again but I think I got the same error using
        libusb. I give it a go again though to be sure.

        HNY!
        Greg

        Message 3 of 17 , Dec 31, 2010
          I believe you need to be sure and remove the winusb driver first, before
          installing the libusb. You may be running into some hooks in the
          registry left behind by the winusb driver if you installed one over the
          other. In a correct installation, the libusb driver is in a separate
          location of its own up in the middle of the device list, while the
          winusb driver lives down among the USB devices at the bottom of the list.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com