Re: [dxatlas] Impossible spots

  • Wes Cosand
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
      Hi Steve:

      If you are interested in the Reverse Beacon system you might wish to
      subscribe to the email reflector at skimmertalk@...

      If you go to the RBN website and click on DX Spots / Spot Search and put in
      K1QAD's call,

      http://www.reversebeacon.net/dxsd1.php?f=0&c=k1qad&t=dx

      you see that several European Skimmer receivers where receiving him at the
      same time today on 80 meters so it is probably real.

      On the East Coast we are receive 80 meter European stations pretty well.

      Wes, WZ7I

      On Thu, Dec 30, 2010 at 1:12 PM, Steve Ellington <n4lq@...>wrote:

      > Re: Reverse Beacon
      > I keep seeing these impossible spots. For example it is noon here and I'm
      > seeing spots on 80 meters by EU stations of several US callsigns. For
      > example: I see K1QAD being spotted by S50ARX on 3566 kHz. Not only is this
      > an unlikey frequency but I checked and there is nothing there but static.
      >
      > That is just one of many examples. When I look at K1QAD's QTh I see no
      > giantic beams.
      >
      > Also...When I look at the ReverseBeacon and at the spots for S50ARX, K1QAD
      > isn't on his list.
      >
      > I guess this could be due to skimmer copying callsigns incorrectly however
      > the frequencies don't make sense either.
      >
      > Here is another I just saw. K2BN heard by ES5PC on 3533.8....Yea right!
      >
      > Any ideas?
      >
      > Steve
      > N4LQ

      Wes Cosand, Ph.D.
      6299 Route 413
      PO Box 349
      Pipersville, PA 18947
      267-864-6161
      www.wz7i.com

    • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 30, 2010
        There's also one (but only one) spot for IK1QAD at that time - seems
        more plausible for that time of day... also, looking at DXSummit
        history, I see:

        IZ8MWG 3556.0 IK1QAD tnx qso walter fb 73
        2105 01 Dec Italy

        Same QRG, so it's probably where he likes to hang out...

        ~Iain / N6ML