Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer installation

    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
      Hi Jim,

      The preferred installation directory on Win7 is the same as on all other
      versions of Windows,
      Program Files\Afreet\CwSkimmer. Note that on Windows 7, you cannot run the
      installer by double-clicking on it. You must right-click on Setup.exe and
      click on Run As Administrator in the popup menu; in addition, you must be
      logged in as Administrator. Some users prefer to disable UAC on Win7 for the
      time of installation.

      Alex

      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
        Thanks, Alex.

        I had installed it in C:\Ham\CW Skimmer but got error messages when running
        the program.

        One was "Exception EOleSysError in module OmniRig.exe at 000576D9. Error
        accessing the OLE Registry." The other was "Access violation at address
        005157A4 in module 'CwSkimmer.exe'. Read at address 00000000."

        I uninstalled the program and will try it again.

        Jim N7US

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 29, 2010
          Or install it in a folder away from the "Program Files" tree...

          Then Windows will allow it to alter it's files as needed in its own
          folder, you can then leave the UAC alone to do it's job.

          73

          Dave G0WBX