CW Skimmer installation

  • N7US
    Message 1 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
      What is the preferred installation directory for CW Skimmer with Windows 7?

      Jim N7US
      Message 2 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
        Hi Jim,

        The preferred installation directory on Win7 is the same as on all other
        versions of Windows,
        Program Files\Afreet\CwSkimmer. Note that on Windows 7, you cannot run the
        installer by double-clicking on it. You must right-click on Setup.exe and
        click on Run As Administrator in the popup menu; in addition, you must be
        logged in as Administrator. Some users prefer to disable UAC on Win7 for the
        time of installation.

        Alex

        Message 3 of 4 , Dec 27, 2010
          Thanks, Alex.

          I had installed it in C:\Ham\CW Skimmer but got error messages when running
          the program.

          One was "Exception EOleSysError in module OmniRig.exe at 000576D9. Error
          accessing the OLE Registry." The other was "Access violation at address
          005157A4 in module 'CwSkimmer.exe'. Read at address 00000000."

          I uninstalled the program and will try it again.

          Jim N7US

          Message 4 of 4 , Dec 29, 2010
            Or install it in a folder away from the "Program Files" tree...

            Then Windows will allow it to alter it's files as needed in its own
            folder, you can then leave the UAC alone to do it's job.

            73

            Dave G0WBX