RFSpace SDR-IQ - K3/P3 - SpectraVue - CWSkimmer

  • k7eg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 22, 2010
      I am now skimming with my new SDR-IQ. I connected a RX antenna this AM and typed in 14050 khz in Skimmer window and VOILA. I am waiting for my ICE antenna protector before putting K3 in TX. A test this AM indicated that as little as 10W of RF was enough to light the red clipping light.
    • GREG FICHER
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 22, 2010
        Where did you order the ICE RF Limiter? Array Solutions has them in
        stock.....if you order direct from ICE it will take awhile.

        73
        Greg

        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 23, 2010
          Hi Greg

          Didn't realize Array Solutions carried it. Ordered it from ICE direct. I have a backup order for DEO2000U protector (another back to back diode design) from Universal Radio. PJ2T and K8ND use the the DEO unit throughout their MM contest stations. Should be here tomorrow in time to use SDR-IQ/CWSkimmer for spotting this weekend in CQWW CW.

          Jim
          K7EG