CW Skimmer Windows 7 64 Bit problems.

  • Bill Finkelstein
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 14, 2010
      Hi Folks -

      Can anyone help with this? I tried installing CW Skimmer (latest version)
      on Windows 7 - 64 bit. I am getting a series of error messages, first I get
      a "List index out of bounds(0), then an "Access violation at address
      00507e9a in CW Skimmer.exe Read address of 00000. Followed by the same
      error at 0050985f. Then the CW Skimmer 1.6 window appears with another
      address violation at 00509fc2 read address of 00000050. Then again at
      00507e9a, and finally a never ending series starting at 005000ec. I have to
      use task manager to terminate the CW Skimmer process.

      Yes, I am running under Windows XP SP2 compatibility, with Run as
      Administrator set and under an Admin login.

      Both CW-Skimmer and Omni-Rig are set this way.

      Yes, I know Win 7 isn't officially supported, but 1) I see that others have
      it working, 2) I don't have ANY XP or Vista computers anymore, and 3) It's
      about dang time Win 7 was supported!

      So does anybody have any ideas?

      Thank you!
      73s,
      Bill Finkelstein
      wb6jao

    • Bill Finkelstein
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 17, 2010
        Hi Folks!

        Turns out it was a problem with my Sound card not having a driver that CW Skimmer was happy with. Alex sent me a version via email and now it's working like a charm.

        Thanks Alex!

        73s,
        Bill