Skimmer Newbie

  • k7eg
    Message 1 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
      New to Skimmer and have setup issue. Skimmer is tracking K3 freq OK. I use LP-Bridge to link K3 (com 7 in) to Skimmer (com 9). Both ports are running at 38400 baud rate. When I attempt to start radio, I get error message: "A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system"

      Any ideas what to check? Skimmer settings:
      Audio MME
      CAT Use Radio 1 Elecraft K3
      Telnet: Port 7300

      EMU 0202 192K

      Jim K7EG
    • Iain MacDonnell - N6ML
      Message 2 of 3 , Nov 5, 2010
        Jim,

        In the Audio tab of the Settings window, have you select the EMU as
        the "Signal I/O Device"? You should also select a valid "Audio I/O
        Device" (which could be the EMU too).

        ~Iain / N6ML

        On Sat, Nov 6, 2010 at 2:07 AM, k7eg <57JNDenneny@...> wrote:

        > New to Skimmer and have setup issue. Skimmer is tracking K3 freq OK. I use LP-Bridge to link K3 (com 7 in) to Skimmer (com 9). Both ports are running at 38400 baud rate. When I attempt to start radio, I get error message: "A device ID has been used that is out of range for your system"
        >
        > Any ideas what to check? Skimmer settings:
        > Audio MME
        > CAT Use Radio 1 Elecraft K3
        > Telnet: Port 7300
        >
        > EMU 0202 192K
        >
        > Jim K7EG

      • James Denneny
        Message 3 of 3 , Nov 6, 2010
          Thanks Ian. I had not entered the audio device. Put EMU0202 in both boxes
          and it's fixed. Now for SSCW.

          Jim

          K7EG