CW Skimmer/Band Master/DX Atlas problem

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
      Hi,

      I've been using CW Skimmer, Band Master and DX Atlas together and am seeing a weird little problem.

      The spotter/spot paths shown on DX Atlas all radiate from a single location marked KE5AKL, but it's not my home location here in Albuquerque, NM. Instead it's somewhere in the middle of Texas. Which is insulting... :-)

      Seriously, though, as far as I can see everything having to do with my location is correct in all 3 program. The DX Atlas home location is correct and gives the correct grid square and coordinates for Albuquerque. The grid square in skimmer settings is correct. And the operator info in Band Master settings is correct.

      Anyone got an idea of what might be going on?

      Is the middle of Texas maybe the official location for all W5 spotters? It is at just about the center of geographical mass for 5 land.

      73,

      Mike - ke5akl
    • Greg - AB7R
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
        If I recall there's a setup tab in DXAtlas where you indicate your "home" QTH.
        Sounds like that is what needs to be updated.

        -------------------------
        73,
        Greg - AB7R
        Whidbey Island WA
        NA-065

        On Thu Sep 23 9:45 , "Mike" sent:

        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
          Mike, I have the same issue with 'DXAtlas'. I have an odd call for the
          eighth area, 2 instead of 8. When I place my 'Home location' on the map
          all is well, however, I have found that spotter paths end up placing me
          in the center of New York State (2 area). It drives the rotators nuts!

          I am assuming that somewhere within the program there is a default that
          picks up call area number and will place you there for the path
          determination rather than to use your actual location at the time. I
          have seen this occur when traveling out of both my current location
          (Michigan) as well as being way away from New York State as well.

          I have learned to live with it... but as I say... it drivers the
          rotators of others, Nuts!

          Bruce