CW Skimmer/Omni Rig Problem

  • Mike
    Message 1 of 3 , Sep 20, 2010
      Hi,

      I was going along fine with LP-Bridge setting com ports COM17 and COM18 for use with Omni Rig, CW Skimmer, etc. Been working fine this way for weeks with Omni Rig seeing those ports and allowing me to select them.

      Then I did 2 things. First, I installed Band Master. Second, I forgot to start LP-Bridge before starting CW Skimmer. Now the Omni Rig Port drop down list shows only COM1 through COM10 - can't get to COM17 and COM18.

      Anyone know what happened and how to fix it?

      Thanks,

      Mike - ke5akl
    • Mike
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 20, 2010
        Seems that deinstalling both Band Master and Omni Rig, then reinstalling Omni Rig solved the problem. So I'm guessing that Band Master caused the problem.

        73,

        Mike - ke5akl

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Mike" <ke5akl@...> wrote:

        > Hi,
        >
        > I was going along fine with LP-Bridge setting com ports COM17 and COM18 for use with Omni Rig, CW Skimmer, etc. Been working fine this way for weeks with Omni Rig seeing those ports and allowing me to select them.
        >
        > Then I did 2 things. First, I installed Band Master. Second, I forgot to start LP-Bridge before starting CW Skimmer. Now the Omni Rig Port drop down list shows only COM1 through COM10 - can't get to COM17 and COM18.
        >
        > Anyone know what happened and how to fix it?
        >
        > Thanks,
        >
        > Mike - ke5akl

      • Mike
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 23, 2010
          This was operator error on my part -- had a very old version of Band Master. The current version works fine.