Re: [dxatlas] CW Skimmer and TS-480s

    Message 1 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
      Hi Mark,

      It looks like you did not receive some of my replies. Here is our
      correspondence to date:

      >> >Hi Mark,
      >> >
      >> >Connect the radio either to a COM port on your laptop, or to a
      >> USB-to-RS232
      >> >
      >> >adapter.
      >> >
      >> >Alex

      >> Alex I tried to install the software on my Windows Vista Computer and
      it

      >> would not install. Do you know if there will be a version of cw skimmer
      >
      >> that will work with Vista? Mark KB3Z
      >Hi Mark,
      >
      >To install CW Skimmer on Vista, right-click on Setup.exe and click on Run
      As

      >Administrator in the popup menu. Double-clicking on Setup.exe does not
      >install the program properly.
      >
      >Alex
      Alex Thanks. Do I understand correctly that the only connection I need to
      make between the radio and the computer is the rs-232 connection from the
      transceiver to the usb port on the computer. Mark KB3Z
      No, you also need a connection to the soundcard. Why don't you simply
      perform the step by step setup instructions included in the Help file.

      Alex

      Message 2 of 4 , Sep 11, 2010
        Thanks for getting back to me so quickly. No, I guess I didn't receive all the replies. But I am currently using a signalink USB and hamradio deluxe for PSK31. Getting the computer to recognize the audio is the hard part. Can you please help? Mark KB3Z