Re: [dxatlas] Re: CW Skimmer Audio IF frequency changes on its own

  • Steve Ellington
    Message 1 of 28 , Sep 8, 2010
      Ah Ha....Thanks Jeff. I never would have guessed!
      Steve

      Message 2 of 28 , Sep 8, 2010
        Steve,

        Lot more interoperability being squeezed out of skimmer than what it was designed with. A bit tough without that capability as part of the original feature set so most guys have to work around this and that as Alex is understandability not wanting to do a lot to the code on this older project. New fish to fry and all that...

        Oh, I should have said more properly "Skimmer speaks to LP."

        73/jeff/ac0c
        www.ac0c.com

        Ah Ha....Thanks Jeff. I never would have guessed!
        Steve

        Telnet is how LP speaks to Skimmer. No telnet, no correction.

        73/jeff/ac0c
        www.ac0c.com

        What does Telnet and Audio IF correction have in common? Sounds like 2 separate projects to me.

        Steve

        "One of many things on the LP-Bridge list. First I have to add the telnet interface, unfortunately ;-(

        Larry N8LP"

        73, Bill

        > Larry, the author of LP-Bridge, emailed me a while ago, explained how he
        > corrected for the IF variability in PowerSDR, and requested that I add a Set
        > Audio IF command to the Telnet interface in CW Skimmer so that he can
        > implement the same correction for the Skimmer. I added this command in
        > v.1.6, hopefully Larry will eventually implement the IF correction for CW
        > Skimmer as well.

      • Steve Ellington
        Message 3 of 28 , Sep 8, 2010
          Well the freq. change isn't all that big a deal now that I understand whats happening. I've just got one 8 pole, 400 hz filter and the rest are 5 pole so I can either skip 8 pole and jump to the 200 hz, 5 pole or change out the other 2 filters.
          When I look at Skimmer I think....Wouldn't it make sense to turn the display up vertically like most waterfalls? So using the video card's options, I rotated the display 90 degrees and dragged the screen out to the full width of the 19" monitor. Now I can see 15 khz instead of just 6 khz of the band. Of course there is the sideways mouse issue and reading calls is not so easy.