CW-Skimmer with SDR-IQ (and Elecraft K2)

  • vk2nu
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
      Hi,

      Just received a new SDR-IQ and have a couple of questions..

      #1 How do I use this stand alone with Skimmer?? I have installed the dll based on previous posts I have sen, and have selected SDR-IQ in Hardware type in the Skimmer settings.

      When I turn Skimmer on it starts to decode, but doesn't display a frequency, just a number between about -8 and +8??

      Can someone tell me whether I'm doing something wrong, of whether I can even use Skimmer stand-alone with an SDR-IQ (or do I need to use another program to control the SDR-IQ).

      #2 I would also like to use this set-up with an Elecraft K2 in a panadaptor/skimmer set-up. Anyone out there able to help me with this?? I have the IF output mod (Z100000 buffer) in the K2.

      Thanks

      David, VK2NU
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 24, 2010
        Hi David,

        {
        Just received a new SDR-IQ and have a couple of questions..

        #1 How do I use this stand alone with Skimmer?? I have installed the dll
        based on previous posts I have sen, and have selected SDR-IQ in Hardware
        type in the Skimmer settings.

        When I turn Skimmer on it starts to decode, but doesn't display a frequency,
        just a number between about -8 and +8??

        Can someone tell me whether I'm doing something wrong, of whether I can even
        use Skimmer stand-alone with an SDR-IQ (or do I need to use another program
        to control the SDR-IQ).
        }

        Click on the Relative Frequency Scale button to switch between the relative
        and absolute frequency scale.

        {

        #2 I would also like to use this set-up with an Elecraft K2 in a
        panadaptor/skimmer set-up. Anyone out there able to help me with this?? I
        have the IF output mod (Z100000 buffer) in the K2.
        }

        I don't think this is possible, but I may be wrong.