WORKING OK FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

  • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
      Pete, I have found the problem. I was using a RS232 to USB cable converter:
      it works with many software. But not work fine with the CW Skimmer. So, I
      put de RSR 232 DB9/DB9 directly on the MARK V to the PC. Bingo. Working
      like a charming.

      Thanks a lot dear Pete. Now I will go to the air.

      Steve: Thanks for support

      73, Mac

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
      reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
        Yes, that's him. He says that you have my Mark 5. It is a very good
        radio - I hope you enjoy it.

        I can't guess what the problem is - I used that radio for 5 years with
        N1MM and DX4WIN. However... I managed to recover my Omnirig.ini file,
        which had not been changed sinceI had the radio. Following is the full
        contents of the .ini:

        [Debug]
        Log=2
        [RIG1]
        RigType=FT-1000 MP
        Port=1
        BaudRate=5
        DataBits=3
        Parity=0
        StopBits=2
        RtsMode=1
        DtrMode=1
        PollMs=200
        TimeoutMs=4000
        [RIG2]
        RigType=Kenwood
        Port=8
        BaudRate=5
        DataBits=3
        Parity=0
        StopBits=2
        RtsMode=1
        DtrMode=1
        PollMs=500
        TimeoutMs=4000

        I hope this helps you, Mac.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        On 8/18/2010 7:33 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
        > Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
        > Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?
        >
        > On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.
        >
        > I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe
        >

        > 73, Mac

      • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
          Pete, a have bought my FT-1000MP with MD-100, Speaker and recorder (+ some
          money) to buy your Mark 5. It is a very good machine until today.

          I am very happy with it and t the same week I received an new IC-7600. The
          ICOM is standby for while.

          I don't has any problem anymore. It is working very well and the connections
          fail was the USB to RS232 cable model HL-340. I changed it to another cable
          with Prolific driver and the CAT is responding very well and all software
          are connecting all the time.

          I made a PC backup regularly and keep it on a safe place. Thanks for to
          send me the Omni-rig .ini file.

          Now, about to connect 2 software ant the same time to the rig? If you find a
          good solution, please tell me. I was take a look on Microham site and the
          Microkeyer features. I don't understood all functions but the says
          something about 2 connections. but I am not sure about that.

          73, Mac

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com