Re: RES: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
      Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... - he has a couple of Mark 5s and
      may be able to help - I certainly could not see anything in your setup,
      unless you can set RTS and DRT to Off - my understanding is that Yaesus
      don't need it.

      73, Pete N4ZR

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

      On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
      > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
      > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
      > use Microham ou similar hardware.
      >
      > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
      > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
      > settings print screen.
      >

      > Thanks for comments dear Pete
      >
      > 73,
      >
      > PT2CC Mac

    • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
        Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
        Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?

        On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.

        I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe

        73, Mac

        Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 17:52
        Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        Assunto: Re: RES: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

        Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... <mailto:felipe%40dxwatch.com> - he

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

        On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
        > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
        > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
        > use Microham ou similar hardware.
        >
        > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody
        here
        > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
        > settings print screen.
        >

        > Thanks for comments dear Pete
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > PT2CC Mac
        >

        > De: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 16:03
        > Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        > Assunto: Re: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer
        >

        > Forgive me if this is silly, but are you trying to connect with Skimmer
        > while running another program that is talking to the same port on the
        > radio? I did that a few times, and Omnirig always failed gracefully but
        > completely.

        www.conteststations.com
        > reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
        >
        > On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
        >
        >> I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same
        >>
        > configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but
        the
        > connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.
        >
        >> PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
        >> FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8
        >>
        > data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2,
        confirmed
        > with all software listed above.
        >
        >> I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings.
        >>
        > have tryed all combinations with no positive result.
        >
        >> What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please
        >>
        >> Omni-Rig Settings:
        >>
        >> Rig type: FT-1000 MP
        >> Port COM 5
        >> Baud rate 4800
        >> Data bits 8
        >> Parity None
        >> Stop bits 2
        >> RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
        >> DTR High
        >> Poll int 500
        >> Timeout 4000
        >>
        >> * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on
        >>
        >> PC COM port
        >> Bits/seg 4800
        >> Data bits 8
        >> Parity None
        >> Stop bits 2
        >> Flow control None

      • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
          Pete, I have found the problem. I was using a RS232 to USB cable converter:
          it works with many software. But not work fine with the CW Skimmer. So, I
          put de RSR 232 DB9/DB9 directly on the MARK V to the PC. Bingo. Working
          like a charming.

          Thanks a lot dear Pete. Now I will go to the air.

          Steve: Thanks for support

          73, Mac

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
            Yes, that's him. He says that you have my Mark 5. It is a very good
            radio - I hope you enjoy it.

            I can't guess what the problem is - I used that radio for 5 years with
            N1MM and DX4WIN. However... I managed to recover my Omnirig.ini file,
            which had not been changed sinceI had the radio. Following is the full
            contents of the .ini:

            [Debug]
            Log=2
            [RIG1]
            RigType=FT-1000 MP
            Port=1
            BaudRate=5
            DataBits=3
            Parity=0
            StopBits=2
            RtsMode=1
            DtrMode=1
            PollMs=200
            TimeoutMs=4000
            [RIG2]
            RigType=Kenwood
            Port=8
            BaudRate=5
            DataBits=3
            Parity=0
            StopBits=2
            RtsMode=1
            DtrMode=1
            PollMs=500
            TimeoutMs=4000

            I hope this helps you, Mac.

            73, Pete N4ZR

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

            On 8/18/2010 7:33 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
            > Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
            > Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?
            >
            > On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.
            >
            > I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe
            >

            > 73, Mac

          • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
              Pete, a have bought my FT-1000MP with MD-100, Speaker and recorder (+ some
              money) to buy your Mark 5. It is a very good machine until today.

              I am very happy with it and t the same week I received an new IC-7600. The
              ICOM is standby for while.

              I don't has any problem anymore. It is working very well and the connections
              fail was the USB to RS232 cable model HL-340. I changed it to another cable
              with Prolific driver and the CAT is responding very well and all software
              are connecting all the time.

              I made a PC backup regularly and keep it on a safe place. Thanks for to
              send me the Omni-rig .ini file.

              Now, about to connect 2 software ant the same time to the rig? If you find a
              good solution, please tell me. I was take a look on Microham site and the
              Microkeyer features. I don't understood all functions but the says
              something about 2 connections. but I am not sure about that.

              73, Mac

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com