RES: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

  • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
      Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
      FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
      use Microham ou similar hardware.

      My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
      has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
      settings print screen.

      Thanks for comments dear Pete

      73,

      PT2CC Mac

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
      reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

      On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
      > I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same
      configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but the
      connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.

      > PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
      > FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8
      data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2, confirmed
      with all software listed above.

      > I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings. I
      have tryed all combinations with no positive result.

      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
        Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... - he has a couple of Mark 5s and
        may be able to help - I certainly could not see anything in your setup,
        unless you can set RTS and DRT to Off - my understanding is that Yaesus
        don't need it.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
        > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
        > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
        > use Microham ou similar hardware.
        >
        > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
        > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
        > settings print screen.
        >

        > Thanks for comments dear Pete
        >
        > 73,
        >
        > PT2CC Mac

      • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
          Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
          Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?

          On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.

          I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe

          73, Mac

          Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 17:52
          Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
          Assunto: Re: RES: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

          Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... <mailto:felipe%40dxwatch.com> - he

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

          On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
          > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
          > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
          > use Microham ou similar hardware.
          >
          > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody
          here
          > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
          > settings print screen.
          >

          > Thanks for comments dear Pete
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > PT2CC Mac
          >

          > De: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 16:03
          > Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
          <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
          > Assunto: Re: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer
          >

          > Forgive me if this is silly, but are you trying to connect with Skimmer
          > while running another program that is talking to the same port on the
          > radio? I did that a few times, and Omnirig always failed gracefully but
          > completely.

          www.conteststations.com
          > reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
          >
          > On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
          >
          >> I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same
          >>
          > configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but
          the
          > connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.
          >
          >> PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
          >> FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8
          >>
          > data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2,
          confirmed
          > with all software listed above.
          >
          >> I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings.
          >>
          > have tryed all combinations with no positive result.
          >
          >> What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please
          >>
          >> Omni-Rig Settings:
          >>
          >> Rig type: FT-1000 MP
          >> Port COM 5
          >> Baud rate 4800
          >> Data bits 8
          >> Parity None
          >> Stop bits 2
          >> RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
          >> DTR High
          >> Poll int 500
          >> Timeout 4000
          >>
          >> * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on
          >>
          >> PC COM port
          >> Bits/seg 4800
          >> Data bits 8
          >> Parity None
          >> Stop bits 2
          >> Flow control None

        • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
            Pete, I have found the problem. I was using a RS232 to USB cable converter:
            it works with many software. But not work fine with the CW Skimmer. So, I
            put de RSR 232 DB9/DB9 directly on the MARK V to the PC. Bingo. Working
            like a charming.

            Thanks a lot dear Pete. Now I will go to the air.

            Steve: Thanks for support

            73, Mac

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
              Yes, that's him. He says that you have my Mark 5. It is a very good
              radio - I hope you enjoy it.

              I can't guess what the problem is - I used that radio for 5 years with
              N1MM and DX4WIN. However... I managed to recover my Omnirig.ini file,
              which had not been changed sinceI had the radio. Following is the full
              contents of the .ini:

              [Debug]
              Log=2
              [RIG1]
              RigType=FT-1000 MP
              Port=1
              BaudRate=5
              DataBits=3
              Parity=0
              StopBits=2
              RtsMode=1
              DtrMode=1
              PollMs=200
              TimeoutMs=4000
              [RIG2]
              RigType=Kenwood
              Port=8
              BaudRate=5
              DataBits=3
              Parity=0
              StopBits=2
              RtsMode=1
              DtrMode=1
              PollMs=500
              TimeoutMs=4000

              I hope this helps you, Mac.

              73, Pete N4ZR

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

              On 8/18/2010 7:33 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
              > Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
              > Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?
              >
              > On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.
              >
              > I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe
              >

              > 73, Mac

            • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
                Pete, a have bought my FT-1000MP with MD-100, Speaker and recorder (+ some
                money) to buy your Mark 5. It is a very good machine until today.

                I am very happy with it and t the same week I received an new IC-7600. The
                ICOM is standby for while.

                I don't has any problem anymore. It is working very well and the connections
                fail was the USB to RS232 cable model HL-340. I changed it to another cable
                with Prolific driver and the CAT is responding very well and all software
                are connecting all the time.

                I made a PC backup regularly and keep it on a safe place. Thanks for to
                send me the Omni-rig .ini file.

                Now, about to connect 2 software ant the same time to the rig? If you find a
                good solution, please tell me. I was take a look on Microham site and the
                Microkeyer features. I don't understood all functions but the says
                something about 2 connections. but I am not sure about that.

                73, Mac

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com