Re: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
      Forgive me if this is silly, but are you trying to connect with Skimmer
      while running another program that is talking to the same port on the
      radio? I did that a few times, and Omnirig always failed gracefully but
      completely.

      73, Pete N4ZR

      The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

      On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
      > I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but the connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.
      >
      > PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
      > FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8 data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2, confirmed with all software listed above.
      >
      > I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings. I have tryed all combinations with no positive result.
      >
      > What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please
      >
      > Omni-Rig Settings:
      >
      > Rig type: FT-1000 MP
      > Port COM 5
      > Baud rate 4800
      > Data bits 8
      > Parity None
      > Stop bits 2
      > RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
      > DTR High
      > Poll int 500
      > Timeout 4000
      >
      > * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on
      >
      > PC COM port
      > Bits/seg 4800
      > Data bits 8
      > Parity None
      > Stop bits 2
      > Flow control None

    • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
        Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
        FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
        use Microham ou similar hardware.

        My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
        has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
        settings print screen.

        Thanks for comments dear Pete

        73,

        PT2CC Mac

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
          Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... - he has a couple of Mark 5s and
          may be able to help - I certainly could not see anything in your setup,
          unless you can set RTS and DRT to Off - my understanding is that Yaesus
          don't need it.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

          On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
          > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
          > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
          > use Microham ou similar hardware.
          >
          > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
          > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
          > settings print screen.
          >

          > Thanks for comments dear Pete
          >
          > 73,
          >
          > PT2CC Mac

        • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
            Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
            Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?

            On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.

            I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe

            73, Mac

            Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 17:52
            Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
            Assunto: Re: RES: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

            Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... <mailto:felipe%40dxwatch.com> - he

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
            reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

            On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
            > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
            > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
            > use Microham ou similar hardware.
            >
            > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody
            here
            > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
            > settings print screen.
            >

            > Thanks for comments dear Pete
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > PT2CC Mac
            >

            > De: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 16:03
            > Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
            <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            > Assunto: Re: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer
            >

            > Forgive me if this is silly, but are you trying to connect with Skimmer
            > while running another program that is talking to the same port on the
            > radio? I did that a few times, and Omnirig always failed gracefully but
            > completely.

            www.conteststations.com
            > reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
            >
            > On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
            >
            >> I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same
            >>
            > configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but
            the
            > connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.
            >
            >> PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
            >> FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8
            >>
            > data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2,
            confirmed
            > with all software listed above.
            >
            >> I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings.
            >>
            > have tryed all combinations with no positive result.
            >
            >> What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please
            >>
            >> Omni-Rig Settings:
            >>
            >> Rig type: FT-1000 MP
            >> Port COM 5
            >> Baud rate 4800
            >> Data bits 8
            >> Parity None
            >> Stop bits 2
            >> RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
            >> DTR High
            >> Poll int 500
            >> Timeout 4000
            >>
            >> * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on
            >>
            >> PC COM port
            >> Bits/seg 4800
            >> Data bits 8
            >> Parity None
            >> Stop bits 2
            >> Flow control None

          • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
              Pete, I have found the problem. I was using a RS232 to USB cable converter:
              it works with many software. But not work fine with the CW Skimmer. So, I
              put de RSR 232 DB9/DB9 directly on the MARK V to the PC. Bingo. Working
              like a charming.

              Thanks a lot dear Pete. Now I will go to the air.

              Steve: Thanks for support

              73, Mac

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
                Yes, that's him. He says that you have my Mark 5. It is a very good
                radio - I hope you enjoy it.

                I can't guess what the problem is - I used that radio for 5 years with
                N1MM and DX4WIN. However... I managed to recover my Omnirig.ini file,
                which had not been changed sinceI had the radio. Following is the full
                contents of the .ini:

                [Debug]
                Log=2
                [RIG1]
                RigType=FT-1000 MP
                Port=1
                BaudRate=5
                DataBits=3
                Parity=0
                StopBits=2
                RtsMode=1
                DtrMode=1
                PollMs=200
                TimeoutMs=4000
                [RIG2]
                RigType=Kenwood
                Port=8
                BaudRate=5
                DataBits=3
                Parity=0
                StopBits=2
                RtsMode=1
                DtrMode=1
                PollMs=500
                TimeoutMs=4000

                I hope this helps you, Mac.

                73, Pete N4ZR

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

                On 8/18/2010 7:33 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
                > Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
                > Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?
                >
                > On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.
                >
                > I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe
                >

                > 73, Mac

              • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
                  Pete, a have bought my FT-1000MP with MD-100, Speaker and recorder (+ some
                  money) to buy your Mark 5. It is a very good machine until today.

                  I am very happy with it and t the same week I received an new IC-7600. The
                  ICOM is standby for while.

                  I don't has any problem anymore. It is working very well and the connections
                  fail was the USB to RS232 cable model HL-340. I changed it to another cable
                  with Prolific driver and the CAT is responding very well and all software
                  are connecting all the time.

                  I made a PC backup regularly and keep it on a safe place. Thanks for to
                  send me the Omni-rig .ini file.

                  Now, about to connect 2 software ant the same time to the rig? If you find a
                  good solution, please tell me. I was take a look on Microham site and the
                  Microkeyer features. I don't understood all functions but the says
                  something about 2 connections. but I am not sure about that.

                  73, Mac

                  The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com