FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

  • PT2CC Yahoo
    Message 1 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
      I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but the connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.

      PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
      FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8 data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2, confirmed with all software listed above.

      I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings. I have tryed all combinations with no positive result.

      What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please

      Omni-Rig Settings:

      Rig type: FT-1000 MP
      Port COM 5
      Baud rate 4800
      Data bits 8
      Parity None
      Stop bits 2
      RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
      DTR High
      Poll int 500
      Timeout 4000

      * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on

      PC COM port
      Bits/seg 4800
      Data bits 8
      Parity None
      Stop bits 2
      Flow control None
      Message 2 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
        Forgive me if this is silly, but are you trying to connect with Skimmer
        while running another program that is talking to the same port on the
        radio? I did that a few times, and Omnirig always failed gracefully but
        completely.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

        On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
        > I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but the connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.
        >
        > PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
        > FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8 data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2, confirmed with all software listed above.
        >
        > I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings. I have tryed all combinations with no positive result.
        >
        > What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please
        >
        > Omni-Rig Settings:
        >
        > Rig type: FT-1000 MP
        > Port COM 5
        > Baud rate 4800
        > Data bits 8
        > Parity None
        > Stop bits 2
        > RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
        > DTR High
        > Poll int 500
        > Timeout 4000
        >
        > * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on
        >
        > PC COM port
        > Bits/seg 4800
        > Data bits 8
        > Parity None
        > Stop bits 2
        > Flow control None

      • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
        Message 3 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
          Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
          FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
          use Microham ou similar hardware.

          My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
          has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
          settings print screen.

          Thanks for comments dear Pete

          73,

          PT2CC Mac

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

          Message 4 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
            Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... - he has a couple of Mark 5s and
            may be able to help - I certainly could not see anything in your setup,
            unless you can set RTS and DRT to Off - my understanding is that Yaesus
            don't need it.

            73, Pete N4ZR

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

            On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
            > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
            > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
            > use Microham ou similar hardware.
            >
            > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody here
            > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
            > settings print screen.
            >

            > Thanks for comments dear Pete
            >
            > 73,
            >
            > PT2CC Mac

          • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
            Message 5 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
              Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
              Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?

              On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.

              I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe

              73, Mac

              Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 17:52
              Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
              Assunto: Re: RES: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer

              Hi Mack - hmmm, try felipe@... <mailto:felipe%40dxwatch.com> - he

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
              reversebeacon.blogspot.com,

              On 8/18/2010 3:38 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
              > Thanks for answer me. Pete, I want to connect only CW Skimmer to the
              > FT-1000MP MARK V. I know more one software is very complicate and I should
              > use Microham ou similar hardware.
              >
              > My problem is: CW Skimmer do not connect to the MARK V. Mat be anybody
              here
              > has MARK V and could send me the right configuration and/or a Omni-Rig
              > settings print screen.
              >

              > Thanks for comments dear Pete
              >
              > 73,
              >
              > PT2CC Mac
              >

              > De: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Enviada em: quarta-feira, 18 de agosto de 2010 16:03
              > Para: dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
              <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
              > Assunto: Re: [dxatlas] FT-1000MP MARK V CAT to CW Skimmer
              >

              > Forgive me if this is silly, but are you trying to connect with Skimmer
              > while running another program that is talking to the same port on the
              > radio? I did that a few times, and Omnirig always failed gracefully but
              > completely.

              www.conteststations.com
              > reversebeacon.blogspot.com,
              >
              > On 8/18/2010 12:52 PM, PT2CC Yahoo wrote:
              >
              >> I am trying to connect CW Skimmer to FT-1000MP MARK V CAT using the same
              >>
              > configurations tested and working fine on MIXW, HRD, N1MM and DX4Win but
              the
              > connections is always fail and CWS message is: Radio is not responding.
              >
              >> PC -> Windows 7, logged with administrator rights
              >> FT-1000MP MARK V manual says: Each byte sent consists of one start bit, 8
              >>
              > data bits, no parity and two stop bits. This is 4800 bits/sec 8N2,
              confirmed
              > with all software listed above.
              >
              >> I amd not shure about the "RTS Handshake" meaning on Omini-Rig settings.
              >>
              > have tryed all combinations with no positive result.
              >
              >> What do I am doing wrong? Any ideas, please
              >>
              >> Omni-Rig Settings:
              >>
              >> Rig type: FT-1000 MP
              >> Port COM 5
              >> Baud rate 4800
              >> Data bits 8
              >> Parity None
              >> Stop bits 2
              >> RTS Low - I have changed it to all combinations before
              >> DTR High
              >> Poll int 500
              >> Timeout 4000
              >>
              >> * MIXW, DX4WIN etc.: RTS Always off DTR Always on
              >>
              >> PC COM port
              >> Bits/seg 4800
              >> Data bits 8
              >> Parity None
              >> Stop bits 2
              >> Flow control None

            • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
              Message 6 of 8 , Aug 18, 2010
                Pete, I have found the problem. I was using a RS232 to USB cable converter:
                it works with many software. But not work fine with the CW Skimmer. So, I
                put de RSR 232 DB9/DB9 directly on the MARK V to the PC. Bingo. Working
                like a charming.

                Thanks a lot dear Pete. Now I will go to the air.

                Steve: Thanks for support

                73, Mac

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

                Message 7 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
                  Yes, that's him. He says that you have my Mark 5. It is a very good
                  radio - I hope you enjoy it.

                  I can't guess what the problem is - I used that radio for 5 years with
                  N1MM and DX4WIN. However... I managed to recover my Omnirig.ini file,
                  which had not been changed sinceI had the radio. Following is the full
                  contents of the .ini:

                  [Debug]
                  Log=2
                  [RIG1]
                  RigType=FT-1000 MP
                  Port=1
                  BaudRate=5
                  DataBits=3
                  Parity=0
                  StopBits=2
                  RtsMode=1
                  DtrMode=1
                  PollMs=200
                  TimeoutMs=4000
                  [RIG2]
                  RigType=Kenwood
                  Port=8
                  BaudRate=5
                  DataBits=3
                  Parity=0
                  StopBits=2
                  RtsMode=1
                  DtrMode=1
                  PollMs=500
                  TimeoutMs=4000

                  I hope this helps you, Mac.

                  73, Pete N4ZR

                  The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com

                  On 8/18/2010 7:33 PM, PT2CC Mac Hotmail wrote:
                  > Pete, do you know Felipe's Callsign, please? A friend of mine here in
                  > Brazil: Py1nb is Felipe. Is PY1NB the same person?
                  >
                  > On HRD and N1MM you have set DTR ON and RST off.
                  >
                  > I will lose the rest of my life fighting with Omni-Rig settings.. Hehehehehe
                  >

                  > 73, Mac

                • PT2CC Mac Hotmail
                  Message 8 of 8 , Aug 19, 2010
                    Pete, a have bought my FT-1000MP with MD-100, Speaker and recorder (+ some
                    money) to buy your Mark 5. It is a very good machine until today.

                    I am very happy with it and t the same week I received an new IC-7600. The
                    ICOM is standby for while.

                    I don't has any problem anymore. It is working very well and the connections
                    fail was the USB to RS232 cable model HL-340. I changed it to another cable
                    with Prolific driver and the CAT is responding very well and all software
                    are connecting all the time.

                    I made a PC backup regularly and keep it on a safe place. Thanks for to
                    send me the Omni-rig .ini file.

                    Now, about to connect 2 software ant the same time to the rig? If you find a
                    good solution, please tell me. I was take a look on Microham site and the
                    Microkeyer features. I don't understood all functions but the says
                    something about 2 connections. but I am not sure about that.

                    73, Mac

                    The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com