Problem with HamCap 1.71

  • k9wms
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 13, 2010
      I recently encountered a problem with HamCap that I believe may have happened August 1st with the month change.

      When I enter a DX Call the call remains red as though invalid instead of turning blue. As a result, the map will not show the correct country location and I doubt that the chart data is correct.

      Is there a database for the calls that is out of date or what could cause this problem? I'm also wondering if there is a database update somewhere. Normally, I could click on the Month and see what the predicted propagation for next month would be or look at last month's information. Now, it's stuck on August.

      Thanks in advance for any help.

      Dennis/K9WMS
    • bill_w4zv
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 14, 2010
        > Is there a database for the calls that is out of date or what could cause this problem? I'm also wondering if there is a database update somewhere. Normally, I could click on the Month and see what the predicted propagation for next month would be or look at last month's information. Now, it's stuck on August.

        I doubt that it's the prefix database if you have problems with common calls such as DL, F, G, etc. It could be the Sunspot Number database is too old.

        Look at SSN.dat under Program Files / Afreet / HamCAP and make sure it has values beyond July 2010. If not, download and reinstall HamCAP over your present files and the latest SSN.dat will be included.

        73, Bill
      • Dan Schaaf
        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 14, 2010
          Not "Program Files / Afreet / HamCAP "

          Look in :
          Documents and Settings/Application Data/Afreet/Reference
          There you will find SSN.dat
          Open SSN.dat for dates.

          Dan Schaaf
          K3ZXL www.k3zxl.com
          Cape Cod Instruments www.gnm-inc.com
          NOBSKA www.nobska.net

          Sent from my Ham Radio computer since I do not have a Blackberry