USB Drivers? CW Skimmer w/QS1R, Windows 7 32-Bit

  • jmaass_moose
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 1 9:22 AM
      Havng a bit of trouble configuring the new PC with Windows 7 Professional 32-Bit for CW Skimmer / Skimmer Server with the QS1R receiver.

      The SDRMAXII QS1R general interface is installed, and works with the receiver.

      Taking down SDRMAXII, CW Skimmer is started with Administrator privileges. When the receiver is 'Started', the error message: "LoadFpga failed: Unable to load LibUsb0.dll." is shown.

      Looking through the archives, I find references to the USB drivers distributed with SDRMAXII (WinUSB?) not being compatible with the newst CW Skimmer / Skimmer Server.

      1. What USB drivers should be installed for the Skimmers?

      2. Any other issues that need manual tweaking with Windows 7 Pro 32-Bit?

      73, Jeff K8ND
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 1 9:57 AM
        Hi Jeff,

        If CW Skimmer is asking for the LibUsb0.dll driver, then you should install
        the LibUsb0.dll driver and see if this fixes the problem. The procedure of
        installing this driver is described in the QS1R F.A.Q. Here is a direct link
        to the instructions:
        (http://www.philcovington.com/qs1r_latest/Documents/Driver/qs1r_driver_switch_xp.pdf).

        Skimmer Server, unlike CW Skimmer, supports both LibUSB and WinUSB drivers,
        it will use whatever is installed on your system.

        Alex

        Message 3 of 3 , Aug 1 2:11 PM
          G'day Alex:

          Thanks for the quick reply!

          Up and running now at the W8WTS site to configure and get the kinks out of the software and hardware.

          We are preparing this as a PJ2T/VERONA Skimmer Server node to be run on the island of Curacao as PJ2T-1. It will be a part of the Reverse Beacon Network once installed there in November.

          Block diagram of our planned system is at http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/CW_Skimmer/VERONA_Skimmer_Server_6Meter.pdf

          73, Jeff K8ND