Re: Windows 7 64-bit work-arounds for Band Master, IonoProbe, HamCap & ITSHFBC

  • ae9k_dan
    Message 1 of 6 , Jun 19, 2010
      I would assume that compatibility mode would still be necessary for all
      four applications (Band Master, DX Atlas, Ionoprobe and HamCap). I
      think compatibility mode addresses problems introduced by the Win 7
      security model which is common to both 64 and 32-bit versions.

      There should not be an issue with ITSHFBC on 32-bit Win 7. The problem
      I mentioned was with the ITSHFBC installer on 64-bit Win 7 -
      specifically regarding registry keys that provide for backward (32-bit
      on 64-bit) compatibility.

      --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      <mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com> , "clarkmacaulay"
      <clark.macaulay@...> wrote:

      > Would the same workaround be required for Windows 7 32bit OS? I
      specfically chose the 32bit OS so as to minimize these kinds of
      problems.

      > 73,
      >
      > Clark WU4B

    • Michael G. Carper
      Message 2 of 6 , Jun 21, 2010
        I'm using Band Master with Win7 64-bit now. and was using it with Win7
        32-bit. In both cases, the only approach I'm award of to make this work
        correction (as discussed in this forum previously) is:

        - Download and save the application in some install directory

        - Right-click the install file

        - Run as Administrator

        - Have a nice day

        Mike, WA9PIE

        I would assume that compatibility mode would still be necessary for all
        four applications (Band Master, DX Atlas, Ionoprobe and HamCap). I
        think compatibility mode addresses problems introduced by the Win 7
        security model which is common to both 64 and 32-bit versions.

        There should not be an issue with ITSHFBC on 32-bit Win 7. The problem
        I mentioned was with the ITSHFBC installer on 64-bit Win 7 -
        specifically regarding registry keys that provide for backward (32-bit
        on 64-bit) compatibility.

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        <mailto:dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
        <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com> > , "clarkmacaulay"
        <clark.macaulay@...> wrote:

        > Would the same workaround be required for Windows 7 32bit OS? I
        specfically chose the 32bit OS so as to minimize these kinds of
        problems.

        > 73,
        >
        > Clark WU4B

      • Dean Davis
        Message 3 of 6 , Jun 21, 2010
          Running older non-windows 7 apps is a snap. Just create a folder outside
          c:\program files and install your software there. So far I have gotten
          everything to work without any problems.

          Normal
          0

          false
          false