indication of map distances

  • loophunter
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 12 10:14 AM
      Hello to the Group !
      I just downloaded the free version of the truly great dxatlas.
      However, there crops up for me - beginner ! the following problem :
      Although I managed to fix my location and mark it with a red pin I
      miserably fail to find out - measure - the straight - as the crow flies - distance - in miles or km - between my fixed location and the
      "target" aircraft plot.
      Is there a way to do so - if so may I please have your respective
      advice ?
      Thanks in advance.
      I look forward to your advice.
      Regards,
      Roland
    • K3ZXL
      Message 2 of 3 , Jun 12 10:49 AM
        Roland

        You do not fix your location with the pin.
        Go to Tool Bar:
        MAP >>> Change Home Location >>> Move Mouse to your grid Square and click mouse.
        Now, your home location will show a small antenna.
        Now, your distances and directions will be correct to DX Points.

        Dan Schaaf
      • Paul. W. Copeland
        Message 3 of 3 , Jun 21 4:39 AM
          Don't forget to ZOOM to the highest power, so that you can find your Grid Square exactly. Otherwise, you may have trouble getting the location exactly where you want on the map.

          73 de K4KCS