Skimmer Server

  • k9wms
    Message 1 of 6 , May 29, 2010
      Since there's no Help file for Skimmer Server, I've gone through the CW Skimmer Help file with no luck. I did a search for CW Skimmer as well as Skimmer Server in Wikipedia and found nothing.

      Why is so dam hard to find a help file for Skimmer Server?

      Dennis
    • W0MU Mike Fatchett
      Message 2 of 6 , May 29, 2010
        What do you need help with?

        CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
        W0MU.NET or 67.40.148.194

        never get over." Ben Franklin

        Message 3 of 6 , May 30, 2010
          Because there isn't one. I agree it would make sense, but in the
          meantime, what do you need? You just install on the same machine as the
          QS1R is connected to, DO NOT run the QS1R Server, start Skimmer Server,
          it loads the QS1R's FPGA and away you go. The default condition is to
          show only a small icon in the System Tray, but you can right-click on it
          to get the SS window on-screen. Once there, the various settings are
          pretty much self-explanatory.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

          On 5/29/2010 11:47 PM, k9wms wrote:
          > Since there's no Help file for Skimmer Server, I've gone through the CW Skimmer Help file with no luck. I did a search for CW Skimmer as well as Skimmer Server in Wikipedia and found nothing.
          >
          > Why is so dam hard to find a help file for Skimmer Server?
          >
          > Dennis

        • k9wms
          Message 4 of 6 , May 30, 2010
            To start out, what is the link to the Wiki page for CW Skimmer and/or Skimmer Server? I searched for it here and either my search is wrong, or there's no information here.

            Dennis

            Message 5 of 6 , May 30, 2010
              Wiki page? As far as I know there is none. Are you referring to the
              N1MM Logger wiki manual site?

              73, Pete N4ZR

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
              The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

              On 5/30/2010 1:53 PM, k9wms wrote:
              > To start out, what is the link to the Wiki page for CW Skimmer and/or Skimmer Server? I searched for it here and either my search is wrong, or there's no information here.
              >
              > Dennis
              >
              > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "W0MU Mike Fatchett"<w0mu@...> wrote:
              >
              >> What do you need help with?
              >>

              >> CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
              >> W0MU.NET or 67.40.148.194
              >>
              >> "A slip of the foot you may soon recover, but a slip of the tongue you may
              >> never get over." Ben Franklin

            • k9wms-1
              Message 6 of 6 , May 30, 2010
                I'm probably mistaken, but I thought there was one several months ago prior
                to v1.2.

                Guess I'm wrong again. The memory is not what it used to be.

                Dennis

                _____

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
                reversebeacon.blogspot.com