Re: [dxatlas] Re: Skimmer and SDR-IQ setup

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2010
      I love the DXLabs Suite. I have owned almost every logging program and
      find this to be the best setup for me. The two link programs I
      mentioned are by a third party. I will see if I can find the links.
      BTW...DXLabs is free. :)

    • Greg
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2010
        Here's the links to skimmertoCommander and SkimmertoDXKeeper.

        http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/
        <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>

        On 5/23/2010 1:35 PM, KN7K wrote:
        > Thank you Greg
        > I am going to look into DXlabs.
        > 73! Sergey
        >
        > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg<ab7r@...> wrote:
        >

        >> Sergey,
        >>
        >> There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
        >> skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
        >> the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
        >> skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
        >>
        >> Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
        >> programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
        >> DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
        >> very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
        >> into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
        >>
        >> Hope this helps some.
        >>
        >> 73
        >> Greg
        >> AB7R
        >>

        >> On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:
        >>
        >>> OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
        >>> Not sure if they can work together.
        >>> I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
        >>> at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
        >>> When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
        >>> follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
        >>> change frequency.
        >>> Still reading help files.
        >>> kn7k
        >>>
        >>> --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        >>> <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%2540yahoogroups.com>>,

      • KN7K
        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2010
          Thank you Greg,
          Will play with it next few days.
          73!
          Sergey

          On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Greg <ab7r@...> wrote:

          > Here's the links to skimmertoCommander and SkimmertoDXKeeper.
          >
          > http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
          > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
          >
          > http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
          > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
          >

          > On 5/23/2010 1:35 PM, KN7K wrote:
          > > Thank you Greg
          > > I am going to look into DXlabs.
          > > 73! Sergey
          > >
          > > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg<ab7r@...<ab7r%40cablespeed.com>>
          > wrote:
          > >

          > >> Sergey,
          > >>
          > >> There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
          > >> skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
          > >> the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
          > >> skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
          > >>
          > >> Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
          > >> programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
          > >> DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
          > >> very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
          > >> into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
          > >>
          > >> Hope this helps some.
          > >>
          > >> 73
          > >> Greg
          > >> AB7R