Re: [dxatlas] Re: Skimmer and SDR-IQ setup

  • Greg
    Message 1 of 8 , May 23, 2010
      Sergey,

      There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
      skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
      the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
      skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.

      Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
      programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
      DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
      very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
      into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.

      Hope this helps some.

      73
      Greg
      AB7R

      On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:

      > OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
      > Not sure if they can work together.
      > I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
      > at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
      > When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
      > follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
      > change frequency.
      > Still reading help files.
      > kn7k
      >
      > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
      > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Sergey" <kn7k73@...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Hi all
      > > I am new owner of FTdx5000MP and SDR-IQ.
      > > I would like to try and learn Skimmer as well.
      > > I downloaded Trial ver Skimmer, but can't make it work.
      > > I click SDR-IQ,192kHz,610Hz Pitch.
      > > Under Radio settings It shows S/N: ??????
      > >
      > > It looks like it doesn't my SDR-IQ.
      > > I would apreciate any help to make it work.
      > > Thanks
      > > Sergey,kn7k

    • KN7K
      Message 2 of 8 , May 23, 2010
        Thank you Greg
        I am going to look into DXlabs.
        73! Sergey

        On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg <ab7r@...> wrote:

        > Sergey,
        >
        > There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
        > skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
        > the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
        > skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
        >
        > Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
        > programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
        > DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
        > very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
        > into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
        >
        > Hope this helps some.
        >
        > 73
        > Greg
        > AB7R
        >

        > On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:
        > >
        > > OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
        > > Not sure if they can work together.
        > > I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
        > > at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
        > > When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
        > > follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
        > > change frequency.
        > > Still reading help files.
        > > kn7k
        > >
        > > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
        > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%2540yahoogroups.com>>,
        > "Sergey" <kn7k73@...> wrote:
        > > >
        > > > Hi all
        > > > I am new owner of FTdx5000MP and SDR-IQ.
        > > > I would like to try and learn Skimmer as well.
        > > > I downloaded Trial ver Skimmer, but can't make it work.
        > > > I click SDR-IQ,192kHz,610Hz Pitch.
        > > > Under Radio settings It shows S/N: ??????
        > > >
        > > > It looks like it doesn't my SDR-IQ.
        > > > I would apreciate any help to make it work.
        > > > Thanks
        > > > Sergey,kn7k

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2010
          I love the DXLabs Suite. I have owned almost every logging program and
          find this to be the best setup for me. The two link programs I
          mentioned are by a third party. I will see if I can find the links.
          BTW...DXLabs is free. :)

        • Greg
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23, 2010
            Here's the links to skimmertoCommander and SkimmertoDXKeeper.

            http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/
            <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>

            On 5/23/2010 1:35 PM, KN7K wrote:
            > Thank you Greg
            > I am going to look into DXlabs.
            > 73! Sergey
            >
            > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg<ab7r@...> wrote:
            >

            >> Sergey,
            >>
            >> There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
            >> skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
            >> the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
            >> skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
            >>
            >> Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
            >> programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
            >> DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
            >> very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
            >> into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
            >>
            >> Hope this helps some.
            >>
            >> 73
            >> Greg
            >> AB7R
            >>

            >> On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:
            >>
            >>> OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
            >>> Not sure if they can work together.
            >>> I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
            >>> at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
            >>> When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
            >>> follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
            >>> change frequency.
            >>> Still reading help files.
            >>> kn7k
            >>>
            >>> --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            >>> <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%2540yahoogroups.com>>,

          • KN7K
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2010
              Thank you Greg,
              Will play with it next few days.
              73!
              Sergey

              On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Greg <ab7r@...> wrote:

              > Here's the links to skimmertoCommander and SkimmertoDXKeeper.
              >
              > http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
              > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
              >
              > http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
              > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
              >

              > On 5/23/2010 1:35 PM, KN7K wrote:
              > > Thank you Greg
              > > I am going to look into DXlabs.
              > > 73! Sergey
              > >
              > > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg<ab7r@...<ab7r%40cablespeed.com>>
              > wrote:
              > >

              > >> Sergey,
              > >>
              > >> There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
              > >> skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
              > >> the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
              > >> skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
              > >>
              > >> Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
              > >> programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
              > >> DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
              > >> very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
              > >> into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
              > >>
              > >> Hope this helps some.
              > >>
              > >> 73
              > >> Greg
              > >> AB7R