Skimmer and SDR-IQ setup

  • Sergey
    Message 1 of 8 , May 21, 2010
      Hi all
      I am new owner of FTdx5000MP and SDR-IQ.
      I would like to try and learn Skimmer as well.
      I downloaded Trial ver Skimmer, but can't make it work.
      I click SDR-IQ,192kHz,610Hz Pitch.
      Under Radio settings It shows S/N: ??????

      It looks like it doesn't my SDR-IQ.
      I would apreciate any help to make it work.
      Thanks
      Sergey,kn7k
    • Sergey
      Message 2 of 8 , May 22, 2010
        OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
        Not sure if they can work together.
        I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
        When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not change frequency.
        Still reading help files.
        kn7k

        --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, "Sergey" <kn7k73@...> wrote:

        > Hi all
        > I am new owner of FTdx5000MP and SDR-IQ.
        > I would like to try and learn Skimmer as well.
        > I downloaded Trial ver Skimmer, but can't make it work.
        > I click SDR-IQ,192kHz,610Hz Pitch.
        > Under Radio settings It shows S/N: ??????
        >
        > It looks like it doesn't my SDR-IQ.
        > I would apreciate any help to make it work.
        > Thanks
        > Sergey,kn7k

      • Greg
        Message 3 of 8 , May 23, 2010
          Sergey,

          There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
          skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
          the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
          skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.

          Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
          programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
          DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
          very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
          into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.

          Hope this helps some.

          73
          Greg
          AB7R

          On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:

          > OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
          > Not sure if they can work together.
          > I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
          > at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
          > When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
          > follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
          > change frequency.
          > Still reading help files.
          > kn7k
          >
          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com
          > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>, "Sergey" <kn7k73@...> wrote:
          > >
          > > Hi all
          > > I am new owner of FTdx5000MP and SDR-IQ.
          > > I would like to try and learn Skimmer as well.
          > > I downloaded Trial ver Skimmer, but can't make it work.
          > > I click SDR-IQ,192kHz,610Hz Pitch.
          > > Under Radio settings It shows S/N: ??????
          > >
          > > It looks like it doesn't my SDR-IQ.
          > > I would apreciate any help to make it work.
          > > Thanks
          > > Sergey,kn7k

        • KN7K
          Message 4 of 8 , May 23, 2010
            Thank you Greg
            I am going to look into DXlabs.
            73! Sergey

            On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg <ab7r@...> wrote:

            > Sergey,
            >
            > There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
            > skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
            > the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
            > skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
            >
            > Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
            > programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
            > DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
            > very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
            > into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
            >
            > Hope this helps some.
            >
            > 73
            > Greg
            > AB7R
            >

            > On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:
            > >
            > > OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
            > > Not sure if they can work together.
            > > I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
            > > at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
            > > When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
            > > follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
            > > change frequency.
            > > Still reading help files.
            > > kn7k
            > >
            > > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com <dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
            > > <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%2540yahoogroups.com>>,
            > "Sergey" <kn7k73@...> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Hi all
            > > > I am new owner of FTdx5000MP and SDR-IQ.
            > > > I would like to try and learn Skimmer as well.
            > > > I downloaded Trial ver Skimmer, but can't make it work.
            > > > I click SDR-IQ,192kHz,610Hz Pitch.
            > > > Under Radio settings It shows S/N: ??????
            > > >
            > > > It looks like it doesn't my SDR-IQ.
            > > > I would apreciate any help to make it work.
            > > > Thanks
            > > > Sergey,kn7k

          • Greg
            Message 5 of 8 , May 23, 2010
              I love the DXLabs Suite. I have owned almost every logging program and
              find this to be the best setup for me. The two link programs I
              mentioned are by a third party. I will see if I can find the links.
              BTW...DXLabs is free. :)

            • Greg
              Message 6 of 8 , May 23, 2010
                Here's the links to skimmertoCommander and SkimmertoDXKeeper.

                http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/
                <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>

                On 5/23/2010 1:35 PM, KN7K wrote:
                > Thank you Greg
                > I am going to look into DXlabs.
                > 73! Sergey
                >
                > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg<ab7r@...> wrote:
                >

                >> Sergey,
                >>
                >> There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
                >> skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
                >> the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
                >> skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
                >>
                >> Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
                >> programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
                >> DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
                >> very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
                >> into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
                >>
                >> Hope this helps some.
                >>
                >> 73
                >> Greg
                >> AB7R
                >>

                >> On 5/22/2010 11:15 PM, Sergey wrote:
                >>
                >>> OK, I got it work, but only when SpectraVue is not running.
                >>> Not sure if they can work together.
                >>> I still can't make it follow my trcvr,my SDR-IQ set in Microham MKII
                >>> at com4 and SDR-IQ work just fine with Spectravue SW.
                >>> When I close SpectraVue and start Skimmer, it works, but will not
                >>> follow trcvr frequency, and when I click to call sign it will not
                >>> change frequency.
                >>> Still reading help files.
                >>> kn7k
                >>>
                >>> --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com>
                >>> <mailto:dxatlas_group%40yahoogroups.com<dxatlas_group%2540yahoogroups.com>>,

              • KN7K
                Message 7 of 8 , May 23, 2010
                  Thank you Greg,
                  Will play with it next few days.
                  73!
                  Sergey

                  On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 2:25 PM, Greg <ab7r@...> wrote:

                  > Here's the links to skimmertoCommander and SkimmertoDXKeeper.
                  >
                  > http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
                  > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
                  >
                  > http://home.roadrunner.com/~w3oa/SkimmerToCommander/<http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
                  > <http://home.roadrunner.com/%7Ew3oa/SkimmerToCommander/>
                  >

                  > On 5/23/2010 1:35 PM, KN7K wrote:
                  > > Thank you Greg
                  > > I am going to look into DXlabs.
                  > > 73! Sergey
                  > >
                  > > On Sun, May 23, 2010 at 10:22 AM, Greg<ab7r@...<ab7r%40cablespeed.com>>
                  > wrote:
                  > >

                  > >> Sergey,
                  > >>
                  > >> There is a program out there called RigSync that is designed to sync
                  > >> skimmer and a radio but it only works one way. If you change freq on
                  > >> the radio Skimmer does not follow. But if you click on a call on the
                  > >> skimmer map it will tune the radio to the correct frequency.
                  > >>
                  > >> Another option is to use the very nice DXLabs suite. There are two
                  > >> programs that work with that called Skimmer to Commander and Skimmer to
                  > >> DXKeeper. When running those with DXLabs the tuning works both ways and
                  > >> very nicely. It also places the call clicked on the Skimmer band map
                  > >> into the DXKeeper window and WinWarbler if you have it open.
                  > >>
                  > >> Hope this helps some.
                  > >>
                  > >> 73
                  > >> Greg
                  > >> AB7R