RE: [dxatlas] Windows 7...

  • John T. Fleming
    Message 1 of 4 , May 21, 2010
      Cormac,

      Windows 7 and Vista have some rules like Linux. It restricts what can be
      written to the Program Files. My work around is setting up a folder I call
      My Program Files and install my older ham radio programs there. This
      eliminates the split between Program Files and Program Data or Program Files
      and the data places in the Virtual Store which is found using the
      compatibility button while in the program's folder.

      I would uninstall the programs using Windows uninstaller or the uninstaller
      that came with the program and then reinstall the programs in a different
      programs folder. I do not like installing things in C: root directory. That
      is why I set up a separate folder.

      73,

      John

      Message 2 of 4 , Jun 1, 2010