SSN.dat File

  • bill_w4zv
    Message 1 of 2 , Apr 13 5:33 AM
      For anyone interested, I updated HamCAP's SSN.dat file (only for the
      years 2005 and beyond) using the most current NOAA predictions. This
      data is taken from:

      ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/STP/SOLAR_DATA/SUNSPOT_NUMBERS/SUNSPOT.LST

      You can copy and paste the new data into your SSN.dat file which is
      probably located at C:\Program Files\Afreet\Ham CAP in your directory.

      73, Bill W4ZV

      Jan 2003=81.0
      Feb 2003=78.5
      Mar 2003=76.1
      Apr 2003=73.5
      May 2003=70.4
      Jun 2003=67.9
      Jul 2003=65.9
      Aug 2003=63.9
      Sep 2003=61.5
      Oct 2003=58.7
      Nov 2003=56.7
      Dec 2003=55.5
      Jan 2004=54.5
      Feb 2004=53.7
      Mar 2004=52.6
      Apr 2004=51.5
      May 2004=50.1
      Jun 2004=48.3
      Jul 2004=45.9
      Aug 2004=43.2
      Sep 2004=41.3
      Oct 2004=40.3
      Nov 2004=39.2
      Dec 2004=37.4
      Jan 2005=32.3
      Feb 2005=31.0
      Mar 2005=29.8
      Apr 2005=28.5
      May 2005=27.2
      Jun 2005=25.9
      Jul 2005=24.9
      Aug 2005=24.1
      Sep 2005=23.4
      Oct 2005=22.5
      Nov 2005=21.5
      Dec 2005=20.6
      Jan 2006=19.8
      Feb 2006=18.8
      Mar 2006=17.9
      Apr 2006=17.1
      May 2006=16.7
      Jun 2006=16.2
      Jul 2006=15.5
      Aug 2006=14.7
      Sep 2006=13.9
      Oct 2006=13.1
      Nov 2006=12.3
      Dec 2006=11.7
      Jan 2007=11.3
      Feb 2007=11.1
      Mar 2007=11.1
      Apr 2007=11.2
      May 2007=11.4
      Jun 2007=11.7
      Jul 2007=12.2
      Aug 2007=12.9
      Sep 2007=13.7
      Oct 2007=14.5
      Nov 2007=15.4
      Dec 2007=16.5
    • bill_w4zv
      Message 2 of 2 , Apr 21 11:52 AM
        George Lane: "In short, use the smoothed International Sunspot Number
        (SSN) values in VOACAP -- or in any other interface program that uses
        VOACAP as their calculation engine. Smoothed SSNs can be found from
        the National Geophysical Data Center at:

        ftp://ftp.ngdc.noaa.gov/STP/SOLAR_DATA/SUNSPOT_NUMBERS/sunspot.predict

        They maintain the (predicted) SSN figures based on the Lincoln-McNish
        smoothing function. These are the sunspot numbers used in the database
        reduction for the worldwide ionospheric maps used in IONCAP and now
        VOACAP."

        http://www.voacap.com/choosingssn.html

        These are the same SSN.dat numbers used in my previous post.

        73, Bill W4ZV