FAROS and IC-725 Radio

  • Dave
    Message 1 of 5 , May 10, 2010
      Is anyone in the group using an IC-725 with Faros in Multiband mode? I'm
      having trouble getting radio to change freqs. I'm using an serial interface
      into the ACC1 radio jack; the unit is a C-7 interface from xggcomms.com

      Any one having success with IC-725 and Faros in multiband operation?

      Thanks,

      Dave Mynatt
      /====================================/
      http://sciencecenter.no-ip.org
      SID ID #S-0258
      APRS Tier II Server @ http://pueblo.aprs2.net:14501
      10 meter CW Beacon @ 28.2345 Mhz
      RMS Server: 144.950 Mhz // KA0SWT-10
      Echolink Server Node: 473082 @147.480Mhz Simplex KA0SWT-L
      LAT: (38.15.49) 38.26349"N LON: (104.36.48) -104.613297"W Alt: 1460m
      DM78qg // KA0SWT
      /++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++/?
      12:26:00
    • Dave Baxter
      Message 2 of 5 , May 11, 2010
        Dave.

        Hi again.

        Have you managed to control it from the OmniRig client, not with Faros
        running, just that client program (that invokes the OmniRig system
        behind the scenes.)

        I also see there is a IC725 and IC725a in the list of radios OmniRig
        knows about, I guess you've tried both 'drivers'?

        If none of that works, does anything else successfully control the radio
        via that serial adapter, nothing to do with OmniRig or Faros. Ham
        Radio Deluxe (free) for example?

        As it's an Icom that uses a CI-V bus AFIK, is the radio's "address"
        setting correct for OmniRig?

        Looking in the two driver files, I suspect that the 725 file uses
        address 28, and the 725a file uses address 3E, that's about the only
        difference I can see. I don't specifically know the 725 it has to be
        said, and I can't remember much detail about the CI-V bus protocol at
        the moment either..

        As always, one step at a time.

        73.

        Dave 'wbx
      • Dave
        Message 3 of 5 , May 11, 2010
          Dave- Got it. The baud rate is supposed to be 1200. That was it; changed
          baud rate, verified interface plugs, downloaded the OmniRig Client app and
          it all just fell together.

          Working fine now, albeit no signals. I think there's another issue as it
          seems crazy that I see signals when using CW at 6k bandwidth but nothing at
          3k. Weird.

          BUT, working now; switching freqs and doing fine. My web page at:
          http://173.14.27.81/xampp/faros/

          Thanks all for the help,

          Dave Mynatt
          http://sciencecenter.no-ip.org
          SID ID #S-0258
          APRS Tier II Server @ http://pueblo.aprs2.net:14501
          10 meter CW Beacon @ 28.2345 Mhz
          RMS Server: 144.950 Mhz // KA0SWT-10
          Echolink Server Node: 473082 @147.480Mhz Simplex KA0SWT-L
          LAT: (38.15.49) 38.26349"N LON: (104.36.48) -104.613297"W Alt: 1460m
          DM78qg // KA0SWT