Skimmer Server Spots

  • k9wms
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 18, 2010
      Does anyone know if it's possible to delete the Signal-to-Noise ratio from the Skimmer Server spots? It seems to me that this number is only relevant to a station located at the antenna site and probably not accurate or close for a station watching Skimmer Spots from tens or hundreds of miles away.

      It's nice to see, but not accurate information for anyone not using the same antenna system and/or radio.

      Dennis/K9WMS
    • Dave AA6YQ
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 18, 2010
        When using the Reverse Beacon Network to quickly assess propagation, I find
        it useful to see the SNR for each location reporting reception of a station
        (using SpotCollector's "Display cumulative spot notes" function).

        73,

        Dave, AA6YQ

        Message 3 of 3 , Apr 18, 2010
          It's also the basis for one of the other features of the RBN, the Signal
          Comparison Tool. Using that tool, you can compare your signal with a
          friend or competitor, both in real time and from the database of past spots.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com