Re: [dxatlas] "Skimmer Server" with QS1R Receiver

  • Jeff Blaine AC0C
    Message 1 of 14 , Apr 12, 2010
      Very nice layout Jeff.

      The Clifton Labs stuff is top notch and complement your layout very nicely.

      Good luck!

      73/jeff/ac0c

      Message 2 of 14 , Apr 12, 2010
        Looks first-class, Jeff. The only thing I would suggest is to build a
        different case for the QS1R and put a small 12V muffin fan on one end
        and a grille on the other. The heat is being generated by ICs and
        regulators, Phil says, and it will be much more effective if you can
        direct the moving air right at the ICs instead of relying on transfer
        from the outside of the case.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

        Message 3 of 14 , Apr 12, 2010
          Jeff, can I reference this in an upcoming column in NCJ (or maybe even
          run a copy of it there? It's a very effective how-to.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

          On 4/11/2010 2:52 PM, jmaass_moose wrote:
          > Yes, I've seen that. The SRL 2 Amp supply is in the plans.
          >
          > Here's a link to my first-cut block diagram of our proposed installation:
          >
          > http://www.k8nd.com/Radio/Curacao_Skimmer_Server_Proposed.pdf
          >
          > 73, Jeff K8ND
          >

          > --- In dxatlas_group@yahoogroups.com, Pete Smith<n4zr@...> wrote:
          >
          >> Yes, that's right. Moving a lot of electrons.
          >>
          >> 73, Pete N4ZR
          >>
          >> On 4/11/2010 2:16 PM, W0MU Mike Fatchett wrote:
          >>
          >>> It appears you need a 2000mah supply if you plan to run all bands too.
          >>> CC Packet Cluster W0MU-1
          >>> W0MU.NET or 67.40.148.194

        • jmaass_moose
          Message 4 of 14 , Apr 12, 2010
            Pete:

            Feel free to grab and use it.

            The version of the diagram currently online is subject to change as we move forward, either due to budget reasons or as we do more research and experimentation.

            73, Jeff K8ND