Ham Cap 1.71

  • Mike Harris
    Message 1 of 3 , Mar 23, 2010
      G'day,

      The application doesn't seem to be writing new parameters to the
      configuration settings file on exit.

      Every time it starts up it is back to the default settings. When I
      change everything to my parameters it reads the pre computed
      predictions OK without recalculation.

      Any thoughts?

      I'm running WinXP on drive D and have installed the app in a folder
      on drive F, the same as it was with version 1.6

      It links OK to IonoProbe and VOACAP both on drive F.

      Regards,

      Mike VP8NO
    • Mike Harris
      Message 2 of 3 , Mar 23, 2010
        G'day,

        Well I changed the settings once more for a test and automagically
        it wrote to the config file and the settings were saved.

        The wonders of WinXP and my 10 year old Dell I guess.

        All back to normal.

        regards,

        Mike VP8NO
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 27, 2010
          Hi Mike,

          Sorry for the late reply, I have just returned home and am working through
          my email. I am not sure why HamCap would fail to save its settings without
          complaining about a write failure. The settings are saved on program exit,
          so perhaps the program failed to close properly and did not reach the point
          where the settings would be saved. But again, one would expect some error
          message to pop up if this happened. This is one of the mysteries of the ages
          ;-)