Re: [dxatlas] Calibrating CWSkimmer Server

  • K4IA@aol.com
    Message 1 of 7 , Mar 15, 2010
      View>Settings>Radio in Skimmer

      Look for the box to fill in "Audio IF,Hz" Fiddle with it and you should
      be able to get Skimmer right on frequency.

      I have trouble in that the setting seems to change every time I start
      Skimmer and I don;t know why. Anyone else care to chime in?

      Buck
      k4ia

      In a message dated 3/15/2010 4:02:45 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
      mccormick_mack@... writes:

      I've followed the instructions here and in the FAQ for calibrating using
      WWV and the SDRMax software. All appears ok after calibration but CWSkimmer
      Server is still about 200 Hz high. Are the calibration settings from SDRMax
      carried over to CWSkimmer? If not, please advise how to calibrate the
      frequency on CWSkimmer Server.

      73,

      Mack de WB4MAK

      Message 2 of 7 , Mar 15, 2010
        Hi Mack,

        CW Skimmer knows nothing about SDRMAX, you must calibrate CW Skimmer as
        described in its Help file. Skimmer Server has its own calibration
        procedure, see its Readme file for details.

        Message 3 of 7 , Mar 15, 2010
          Thank you everyone for the excellent responses. I've followed your instructions. I mistakenly thought that SDRMax wrote a file to the QSR1 for calibration. I understand now and have applied a correction factor to CWServer.ini.

          Pete: I should be able to give you logs after a contest now if you need them from North of Atlanta GA.

          Very 73,

          Mack de WB4MAK
          Message 4 of 7 , Mar 16, 2010
            Hi Mack - the more the merrier so far as spot reporting goes. Please go
            to http://reversebeacon.net for info and to download the small program,
            called "the aggregator" that transfers your spots to the RBN in real
            time as you make them. That way neither you nor I need go to any extra
            trouble to make them available. The RBN also publishes your external IP
            address is you are using the latest aggregator, so your spots will
            probably turn up on VE7CC's excellent Telnet site that provides RBN
            spots in that format.

            73, Pete N4ZR

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
            The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com