Re: [dxatlas] Can't Run Ham Cap or BandMaster after upgrading to Win7 64-bit

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
      Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
      Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
      be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
      video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
      card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
      either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
      the primary one for the future.

      I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
      Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.

      Bruce, K2BET
      ----------------------

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
        Wouldn't it also work simply to install the program somewhere other than
        the Program Files directory, in order to avoid the intervention of
        Windows 7's UAC (Unauthorized Access Control)? Many N1MM Logger users
        are doing this with Vista or Windows 7, simply to avoid Microsoft's
        well-intended meddling.

        73, Pete N4ZR

        The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
        The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

        On 3/8/2010 12:56 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:
        > Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
        > Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
        > be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
        > video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
        > card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
        > either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
        > the primary one for the future.
        >
        > I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
        > Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.
        >
        > Bruce, K2BET
        > ----------------------
        >
        > On 3/7/2010 10:47 PM, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
        >
        >> Hi Bruce,
        >>
        >> None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
        >> you
        >> have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
        >> need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
        >>
        >> Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
        >> install them
        >> again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
        >> To do
        >> so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
        >> on Run
        >> as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
        >> Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
        >> logged in
        >> as Administrator.
        >>
        >> 73 Alex VE3NEA

      • Jim
        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
          Yea! I re-installed Band Master and Ham Cap by using the "Run as
          Administrator" on the Setup programs and now both are working!
          I got away with ignoring instructions for years, but it finally caught
          up with me. [:)]

          73,
          Jim - N4ST

          > Hi Bruce,
          >
          > None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
          you
          > have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you
          absolutely
          > need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
          >
          > Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
          install them
          > again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
          To do
          > so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
          on Run
          > as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
          > Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
          logged in
          > as Administrator.
          >
          > 73 Alex VE3NEA

          <SNIP>