Re: [dxatlas] Can't Run Ham Cap or BandMaster after upgrading to Win7 64-bit

  • Neal Campbell
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
      You could also go into the properties for the program and set it to run
      under Windows XP SP3 compatibility setting. I have found a few programs that
      needed this to run.

      Another thing is not avoid installing programs in the default locations,
      install them in a separate directory, for example in (c:\Bandmaster) as that
      will avoid the issues associated with virtual file protection in the program
      directory folders.
      73

      Neal Campbell
      Abroham Neal Software
      www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
      (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

      Amateur Radio: K3NC
      Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
      DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
      Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
        Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
        Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
        be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
        video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
        card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
        either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
        the primary one for the future.

        I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
        Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.

        Bruce, K2BET
        ----------------------

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
          Wouldn't it also work simply to install the program somewhere other than
          the Program Files directory, in order to avoid the intervention of
          Windows 7's UAC (Unauthorized Access Control)? Many N1MM Logger users
          are doing this with Vista or Windows 7, simply to avoid Microsoft's
          well-intended meddling.

          73, Pete N4ZR

          The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
          The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

          On 3/8/2010 12:56 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:
          > Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
          > Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
          > be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
          > video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
          > card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
          > either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
          > the primary one for the future.
          >
          > I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
          > Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.
          >
          > Bruce, K2BET
          > ----------------------
          >
          > On 3/7/2010 10:47 PM, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
          >
          >> Hi Bruce,
          >>
          >> None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
          >> you
          >> have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
          >> need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
          >>
          >> Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
          >> install them
          >> again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
          >> To do
          >> so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
          >> on Run
          >> as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
          >> Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
          >> logged in
          >> as Administrator.
          >>
          >> 73 Alex VE3NEA

        • Jim
          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
            Yea! I re-installed Band Master and Ham Cap by using the "Run as
            Administrator" on the Setup programs and now both are working!
            I got away with ignoring instructions for years, but it finally caught
            up with me. [:)]

            73,
            Jim - N4ST

            > Hi Bruce,
            >
            > None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
            you
            > have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you
            absolutely
            > need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
            >
            > Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
            install them
            > again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
            To do
            > so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
            on Run
            > as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
            > Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
            logged in
            > as Administrator.
            >
            > 73 Alex VE3NEA

            <SNIP>