RE: [dxatlas] Can't Run Ham Cap or BandMaster after upgrading to Win7 64-bit

  • John
    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
      Read the install instruction for the VapCap software.

      I had a similar problem and then I installed the exact version of the VapCap
      software referred to by the HamCap instruction and everything started
      working.

      John

      KW7S

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
        You could also go into the properties for the program and set it to run
        under Windows XP SP3 compatibility setting. I have found a few programs that
        needed this to run.

        Another thing is not avoid installing programs in the default locations,
        install them in a separate directory, for example in (c:\Bandmaster) as that
        will avoid the issues associated with virtual file protection in the program
        directory folders.
        73

        Neal Campbell
        Abroham Neal Software
        www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
        (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

        Amateur Radio: K3NC
        Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
        DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
        Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
          Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
          Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
          be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
          video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
          card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
          either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
          the primary one for the future.

          I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
          Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.

          Bruce, K2BET
          ----------------------

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
            Wouldn't it also work simply to install the program somewhere other than
            the Program Files directory, in order to avoid the intervention of
            Windows 7's UAC (Unauthorized Access Control)? Many N1MM Logger users
            are doing this with Vista or Windows 7, simply to avoid Microsoft's
            well-intended meddling.

            73, Pete N4ZR

            The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
            The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

            On 3/8/2010 12:56 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:
            > Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
            > Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
            > be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
            > video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
            > card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
            > either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
            > the primary one for the future.
            >
            > I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
            > Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.
            >
            > Bruce, K2BET
            > ----------------------
            >
            > On 3/7/2010 10:47 PM, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
            >
            >> Hi Bruce,
            >>
            >> None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
            >> you
            >> have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
            >> need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
            >>
            >> Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
            >> install them
            >> again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
            >> To do
            >> so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
            >> on Run
            >> as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
            >> Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
            >> logged in
            >> as Administrator.
            >>
            >> 73 Alex VE3NEA

          • Jim
            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
              Yea! I re-installed Band Master and Ham Cap by using the "Run as
              Administrator" on the Setup programs and now both are working!
              I got away with ignoring instructions for years, but it finally caught
              up with me. [:)]

              73,
              Jim - N4ST

              > Hi Bruce,
              >
              > None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
              you
              > have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you
              absolutely
              > need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
              >
              > Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
              install them
              > again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
              To do
              > so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
              on Run
              > as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
              > Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
              logged in
              > as Administrator.
              >
              > 73 Alex VE3NEA

              <SNIP>