Re: [dxatlas] Can't Run Ham Cap or BandMaster after upgrading to Win7 64-bit

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
      Hi Bruce,

      None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If you
      have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
      need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.

      Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then install them
      again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges. To do
      so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click on Run
      as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
      Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are logged in
      as Administrator.

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
        Read the install instruction for the VapCap software.

        I had a similar problem and then I installed the exact version of the VapCap
        software referred to by the HamCap instruction and everything started
        working.

        John

        KW7S

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
          You could also go into the properties for the program and set it to run
          under Windows XP SP3 compatibility setting. I have found a few programs that
          needed this to run.

          Another thing is not avoid installing programs in the default locations,
          install them in a separate directory, for example in (c:\Bandmaster) as that
          will avoid the issues associated with virtual file protection in the program
          directory folders.
          73

          Neal Campbell
          Abroham Neal Software
          www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
          (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

          Amateur Radio: K3NC
          Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
          DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
          Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
            Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
            Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
            be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
            video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
            card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
            either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
            the primary one for the future.

            I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
            Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.

            Bruce, K2BET
            ----------------------

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
              Wouldn't it also work simply to install the program somewhere other than
              the Program Files directory, in order to avoid the intervention of
              Windows 7's UAC (Unauthorized Access Control)? Many N1MM Logger users
              are doing this with Vista or Windows 7, simply to avoid Microsoft's
              well-intended meddling.

              73, Pete N4ZR

              The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
              The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

              On 3/8/2010 12:56 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:
              > Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
              > Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
              > be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
              > video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
              > card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
              > either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
              > the primary one for the future.
              >
              > I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
              > Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.
              >
              > Bruce, K2BET
              > ----------------------
              >
              > On 3/7/2010 10:47 PM, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
              >
              >> Hi Bruce,
              >>
              >> None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
              >> you
              >> have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
              >> need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
              >>
              >> Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
              >> install them
              >> again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
              >> To do
              >> so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
              >> on Run
              >> as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
              >> Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
              >> logged in
              >> as Administrator.
              >>
              >> 73 Alex VE3NEA

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
                Yea! I re-installed Band Master and Ham Cap by using the "Run as
                Administrator" on the Setup programs and now both are working!
                I got away with ignoring instructions for years, but it finally caught
                up with me. [:)]

                73,
                Jim - N4ST

                > Hi Bruce,
                >
                > None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
                you
                > have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you
                absolutely
                > need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
                >
                > Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
                install them
                > again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
                To do
                > so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
                on Run
                > as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
                > Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
                logged in
                > as Administrator.
                >
                > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                <SNIP>