Re: [dxatlas] Can't Run Ham Cap or BandMaster after upgrading to Win7 64-bit

    Message 1 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
      Did have a problem bringing up DX Atlas within Bandmaster. It first gave
      an error message then told me it required DX Atlas 2.2 or higher. I have
      version 2.5 installed. Not sure what that is about. Obviously,
      Bandmaster is not fully working with the current set up.

      bet
      ----------------

      Message 2 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
        Hi Bruce,

        None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If you
        have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
        need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.

        Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then install them
        again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges. To do
        so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click on Run
        as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
        Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are logged in
        as Administrator.

        Message 3 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
          Read the install instruction for the VapCap software.

          I had a similar problem and then I installed the exact version of the VapCap
          software referred to by the HamCap instruction and everything started
          working.

          John

          KW7S

          Message 4 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
            You could also go into the properties for the program and set it to run
            under Windows XP SP3 compatibility setting. I have found a few programs that
            needed this to run.

            Another thing is not avoid installing programs in the default locations,
            install them in a separate directory, for example in (c:\Bandmaster) as that
            will avoid the issues associated with virtual file protection in the program
            directory folders.
            73

            Neal Campbell
            Abroham Neal Software
            www.abrohamnealsoftware.com
            (540) 645 5394 NEW PHONE NUMBER

            Amateur Radio: K3NC
            Blog: http://www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/blog/
            DXBase bug reports: email to cases@...
            Abroham Neal forums: http:/www.abrohamnealsoftware.com/community/

            Message 5 of 10 , Mar 7, 2010
              Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
              Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
              be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
              video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
              card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
              either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
              the primary one for the future.

              I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
              Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.

              Bruce, K2BET
              ----------------------

              Message 6 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
                Wouldn't it also work simply to install the program somewhere other than
                the Program Files directory, in order to avoid the intervention of
                Windows 7's UAC (Unauthorized Access Control)? Many N1MM Logger users
                are doing this with Vista or Windows 7, simply to avoid Microsoft's
                well-intended meddling.

                73, Pete N4ZR

                The World Contest Station Database, updated daily at www.conteststations.com
                The Reverse Beacon Network at http://reversebeacon.net, blog at reversebeacon.blogspot.com

                On 3/8/2010 12:56 AM, Bruce Tanner wrote:
                > Thanks, Alex, for the tip. I will give your suggestions a try on my
                > Windows 7 machine tomorrow. Actually, I have just upgraded my system to
                > be able to have a faster one for SDR. I was also running in to a
                > video/streaming audio problem with my XP system. I think a new video
                > card may help that which I intend to check out tomorrow. I can use
                > either OS at this point but will work towards making my Windows 7 system
                > the primary one for the future.
                >
                > I continue to be very pleased with and a frequent user of your software.
                > Thanks very much for offering all of them to the amateur community.
                >
                > Bruce, K2BET
                > ----------------------
                >
                > On 3/7/2010 10:47 PM, Alex, VE3NEA wrote:
                >
                >> Hi Bruce,
                >>
                >> None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
                >> you
                >> have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you absolutely
                >> need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
                >>
                >> Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
                >> install them
                >> again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
                >> To do
                >> so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
                >> on Run
                >> as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
                >> Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
                >> logged in
                >> as Administrator.
                >>
                >> 73 Alex VE3NEA

              • Jim
                Message 7 of 10 , Mar 8, 2010
                  Yea! I re-installed Band Master and Ham Cap by using the "Run as
                  Administrator" on the Setup programs and now both are working!
                  I got away with ignoring instructions for years, but it finally caught
                  up with me. [:)]

                  73,
                  Jim - N4ST

                  > Hi Bruce,
                  >
                  > None of my programs are officially supported on Vista or Windows 7. If
                  you
                  > have Windows XP or can install it, use this OS instead. If you
                  absolutely
                  > need to run Band Master on Windows 7, you can try the following.
                  >
                  > Uninstall Band Master and OmniRig via Add/Remove Programs, then
                  install them
                  > again, but be sure to run the installer with Administrator privileges.
                  To do
                  > so, log in as Administrator, then right-click on Setup.exe and click
                  on Run
                  > as Administrator in the popup menu. Note that a simple double-click on
                  > Setup.exe will start it with standard privileges even if you are
                  logged in
                  > as Administrator.
                  >
                  > 73 Alex VE3NEA

                  <SNIP>